xr6 Member 96 Member For: 21y 9m 9d Posted 13/01/07 11:58 AM Posted 13/01/07 11:58 AM The only difference that will affect performance is the lower gearing. The 3.45 on my BA feels spot on to me - don't think I'd like higher gearing with a 4-speed auto. Might be a different story with the 6-speed box - can you get this on a XT?
Falchoon I see red Member 5,758 Member For: 23y 9m 20d Location: nowhere in particular Posted 13/01/07 09:03 PM Author Posted 13/01/07 09:03 PM The only difference that will affect performance is the lower gearing. The 3.45 on my BA feels spot on to me - don't think I'd like higher gearing with a 4-speed auto. Might be a different story with the 6-speed box - can you get this on a XT?←6 speed auto not manual is available on BF XT.
Doogstar Member 276 Member For: 19y 9m 9d Posted 14/01/07 05:01 AM Posted 14/01/07 05:01 AM I didnt remove my spare, might do it next time.I wish I new of other ways other than striping the interior out, or adding fibreglass bonnet. which is not ever going to happen to my ute.I still run the 16inch wheels though, lighter than 17's or 18's ←Al, do you remove your tailgate when you run? There's a few kilos there. Every bit less your car weighs the better the power to weight ratio is. The only difference that will affect performance is the lower gearing. The 3.45 on my BA feels spot on to me - don't think I'd like higher gearing with a 4-speed auto. Might be a different story with the 6-speed box - can you get this on a XT?←You don't know what you are missing, acceleration and response improves dramatically with higher diff gears.
falconutebeast Member 196 Member For: 20y 4m 18d Location: Sydney, Bankstown Posted 14/01/07 12:03 PM Posted 14/01/07 12:03 PM I have got no idea how to take the tailgate off. I have the alloy sports bar too. but its alloy, it should weight nothing at all. unlike the tailgate there is diffently same kilos in that thing.
xr6 Member 96 Member For: 21y 9m 9d Posted 17/01/07 03:50 PM Posted 17/01/07 03:50 PM The only difference that will affect performance is the lower gearing. The 3.45 on my BA feels spot on to me - don't think I'd like higher gearing with a 4-speed auto. Might be a different story with the 6-speed box - can you get this on a XT?←You don't know what you are missing, acceleration and response improves dramatically with higher diff gears.←Higher gearing = lower number. I was discussing the difference between stock XR and XT diff gears. I'm sure that a lower diff ratio would improve performance.
Iconic Bionic My engine bay is Bionic Legacy Donating Member 3,726 Member For: 20y 6m 17d Gender: Male Location: Freeways Posted 17/01/07 10:36 PM Posted 17/01/07 10:36 PM The XR6 is by far the better buy when you compare what you get against the XT. Now car rental companies are buying the XR6 instead of the XT, as the price difference is trivial but the added extras are far better.Alot of fleet buyers now buying XR6 instead of XT.
RHR BOOST Moderating Team 5,698 Member For: 23y 1m 1d Gender: Male Location: Southern Highlands NSW Posted 17/01/07 10:40 PM Posted 17/01/07 10:40 PM The XR6 is by far the better buy when you compare what you get against the XT. Now car rental companies are buying the XR6 instead of the XT, as the price difference is trivial but the added extras are far better.Alot of fleet buyers now buying XR6 instead of XT.←I remember a bloke teling me why would you buy the futura when the xr6 is only $1000 more.
JBomb3000 Legacy Donating Member 875 Member For: 20y 10m 16d Gender: Male Location: Victoria Posted 18/01/07 07:25 AM Posted 18/01/07 07:25 AM The XR6 is by far the better buy when you compare what you get against the XT. Now car rental companies are buying the XR6 instead of the XT, as the price difference is trivial but the added extras are far better.Alot of fleet buyers now buying XR6 instead of XT.←And that's excatly why the XR6 is being more and more looked upon as a standard falcon. Before the XR6 used to be something a bit special but now there everywhere.
F6 RAPID Formerly Turbo6 Legacy Donating Member 2,332 Member For: 23y 8m 29d Location: North Brisbane Posted 18/01/07 07:53 AM Posted 18/01/07 07:53 AM My company car is a Futura - I could have taken an XR6 but I wanted the soft suspension for my daily driver, plus the other electrics.Besides, nothing goes faster than a company car - I don't care what diff ratio is in it! (maybe a rental car)
Doogstar Member 276 Member For: 19y 9m 9d Posted 18/01/07 10:34 AM Posted 18/01/07 10:34 AM I would have choosen the Futura too, if I had a Typhoon to go home to.Any jobs going at your work? LOL
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now