Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Member
  • Member For: 19y 10m 20d
Posted

I scored a brand new herrod flash tuner from work cause we stock them, it was for a BA XR8 auto, It was a bargain considering it was brand new and I got it $575. Work has sent it to Herrod motorsport in melbourne to get recalibrated for my 2002 BA XR6T, and they are doing it for free, I was think about getting a 6psi economy tune, a 8psi 95RON tune and 10psi 98RON tune as we don't have bp ultimate, just that shell V power. I'm just curious as to whether anyone has used the boxes tuned by herrod. I spoke to Rob Herrod and said I wanted to go to brisbane for a custom tune, as brisbane is the closest place to home were there are any good tuners (still six hours drive mind you). Accept Rob reckons the tune box is "pretty well on the money" as he put it. What kind of rwkw figures and 1/4 mile times are you guys getting from the herrod tuned boxes with only the edit, typhoon 2nd cold air intake and centre muffler removed?

I get the box back tuesday so should be on the dyno the following weekend so I will post my results

Cheers

  • Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 11m 21d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: South Coast NSW
Posted

I have a Herrod Stealth unit but I'm not much help to you as mine's an 8. I don't think many guys with T6s have used Rob's tunes (he concentrates mostly on the bent 8s) but from my own experience with his work I'd say you can trust what he says. When you have it set up and you get access to the dyno the story will be told. Then decide whether there is much to be gained from a custom tune. Basically the more you mod from standard the more benefit you'll get from a custom tune I believe.

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 22y 10m 25d
  • Gender: Not Telling
  • Location: next door..
Posted

correct me if I'm wront, but from what I've seen off this site custom tunes always gain a further 20-30rwkw over generic tunes..

Posted

With any of the generic tunes in a flasher you'll get noticable performance increase but nothing like a custom tune. I thought my generic 10 psi tune was great until I had a custom tune, injectors and fuel pump done, now when I think back it seems like :roflmbo:

Also, when you get a custom job you get a tune that's specifically made for your car so it's alot safer then an 'out of the box" tune. For what it costs nowadays to get one I think you should just get it done. Better to be safe than sorry!

  • KILL,KILL,KILL,DIE,DIE,DIE,
  • Member
  • Member For: 20y 4m 28d
  • Gender: Male
Posted

Herrod use there own tune dont they, its like a generic tune but im pretty sure they have there own sort of custom tune.

  • Member
  • Member For: 21y 3m
  • Location: Newcastle NSW
Posted (edited)
correct me if I'm wront, but from what I've seen off this site custom tunes always gain a further 20-30rwkw over generic tunes..

Not Correct!

I was running the Capa 8psi generic tune which with 227rwkw. I'm now running a Custom Wog Tune where my boost gauge peaks at 15psi and only got 238.1rwkw.

Just for interest, both runs were on the same dyno!

Edited by LightningXR6T
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 22y 1m 3d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: N/W Sydney
Posted

that's not a very big gain for an extra 7psi.Is it making alot more down low then the 8psi tune..

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 21y 3m
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Bendigo
Posted

it must have a massive boost spike then because on 12-13psi im making 332 rwkw

or you have another issue

  • Member
  • Member For: 20y 2m 17d
  • Location: Mehico
Posted
correct me if I'm wront, but from what I've seen off this site custom tunes always gain a further 20-30rwkw over generic tunes..

Not Correct!

I was running the Capa 8psi generic tune which with 227rwkw. I'm now running a Custom Wog Tune where my boost gauge peaks at 15psi and only got 238.1rwkw.

Just for interest, both runs were on the same dyno!

Are you sure that's not 283rwkw?? :Doh:

I have over 280rwkw @ 15 psi peak, without doing injectors & pump , altough it will have soon! :blush:

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...