Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Im the one and only
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 21y 9m 4d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: In my house
Posted

You NA guys go for it.Stuff what everyone else says.I had a T and it was fun but I have also played with NA sixes before as well and they hauled arse.Nothing beats the throttle response of a worked 6.I had a few 4.1 250 xflow,s making over 200rwkw with only basic mods done to it. :spoton:

Goodluck with it :spoton:

  • Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 5m 26d
Posted (edited)

Do F6 owners come in into your forums and hang sh*t on T owners for spending heaps of money on your T's when they could just buy a F6? Everything you said would apply the same.

Amen to than. yeah why would you buy an XR6T when you u can buy an F6

Edited by falconXR6T
  • Member
  • Member For: 22y 9m
Posted

Its not really the same as the F6 is mechanically very similar.

If your after performance only then you wouldnt bother with an F6. You buy the F6 for the luxuries.

The rods are the weak link in both engines. All the bolt ons get replaced in the same manner. Both have the same potential for the same cost of mods.

  • Member
  • Member For: 19y 9m 14d
Posted

I don't want to turn this into a debate on whether you should buy a F6 ot XR6T, I am sure there are plenty of threads that go into that sh*t fight elsewhere.

The point was, we want to mod our NA's and we will, regardless of the people who feel the need to put us down.

  • My engine bay is Bionic
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 20y 6m 22d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Freeways
Posted
You can add whatever class you want onto your acheivement list but in the end if you beat something in either a race or a dyno comp then the turbo is going to acheive the same or more with much less money spent.

You can say I just beat your T by .2 of a second down the quarter but the T owner will likely tell you that he hasnt spent anything on his and you have forked out bucketloads of cash to pioneer an untried path.

Good on you guys for having a go but where do you draw the line and say this is rediculous, its time for a T.

Do F6 owners come in into your forums and hang sh*t on T owners for spending heaps of money on your T's when they could just buy a F6? Everything you said would apply the same.

We mod our NA6's because that is what we have, if we had a T we would be modding that, if we had an F6 we would be modding that.

I personally want to see how far the power of the NA can be taken, BECAUSE it's an untried path. It will much more an acheivement hitting 13's in a NA6 than in a turbo that you brought off the showroom floor. Who cares if it costs us some money to do it, that's not what you think about when you take off from the lights on the street or the track. Where do you draw the line? You just keep moving the line that's all. I will keep going until I can do no more NA , then I will throw a supercharger on it. What sort of beast would that be? I'll tell you, UNIQUE.

Sorry for the rant but it gets a bit tiresome being told to buy a turbo all the time, if you have something constructive to add to our development, great, if not, leave us be. We are happy doing what we do.

BTW. I have spent way less money on my car than it would have cost me to buy the same model in Turbo.

The F6 owners are gods on here and free to do what they like. I just cant belieive this topic is still going. Some good arguments been going on.

My 2 cents on the latest argument, is that you own what you won and your free to do what ever you want to it, but please dont go turn T's into F6's and Xr8's into GT's.

  • Member
  • Member For: 19y 10m 1d
Posted

has anyone here even done a supercharged 6 build? is there an opinion from someone who's gone there that can enlighten us?

  • Member
  • Member For: 21y 6m 17d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: New Zealand
Posted

or anyone who has had a supercharged 6 commodore - not that far different?

  • Member
  • Member For: 19y 8m 26d
Posted

hey guys well I am new to xr6turbo.com been at ford mods for like two years but thought I would try somthing differnt becasue I just got my ba xr6 a few weeks ago and ford mods seem to be about manly e series. any way I have been keeping my eye on this discussion and I think I might be able to shed some lite on the matter. my first car was a n/a ef svo with head work zorst headers so was happy to have that as my first car now my best mate bought a wh statesman to show me up the *beep* any way it was a factory superchager but had no chance against my ef due to his car being so heavy (1890kg) so he need some go fast bits he spent like 6 grand on the superchager and now after a dyno tune he pulled 260 odd rwkw running a front mount intercooler and 17 pound boost. his car has a roots blower so the power comes up with the revs unlike the blowers you guys are talking about. any way his car is very fast and he pulled a 13 flat 400 time which when you look at his wait is very fast. so that is why I got the xr6 turbo and my futer plans will be to super charge it was well but using the capa positive superchargers which have a facume creating constant boost so unlike the turbo guys I will have power from the get go. so for thew people who are saying that supercharges on ba or bf would not go as hard as the turbos you are wrong they go just has hard if not harder I mean why do you think top door slamers use superchargers insted of turbos. hope I could help as I am kinda new to the forst induction path of doing up cars .

  • Member
  • Member For: 22y 1m 3d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Mildura
Posted
hey guys well I am new to xr6turbo.com been at ford mods for like two years but thought I would try somthing differnt becasue I just got my ba xr6 a few weeks ago and ford mods seem to be about manly e series. any way I have been keeping my eye on this discussion and I think I might be able to shed some lite on the matter. my first car was a n/a ef svo with head work zorst headers so was happy to have that as my first car now my best mate bought a wh statesman to show me up the *beep* any way it was a factory superchager but had no chance against my ef due to his car being so heavy (1890kg) so he need some go fast bits he spent like 6 grand on the superchager and now after a dyno tune he pulled 260 odd rwkw running a front mount intercooler and 17 pound boost. his car has a roots blower so the power comes up with the revs unlike the blowers you guys are talking about. any way his car is very fast and he pulled a 13 flat 400 time which when you look at his wait is very fast. so that is why I got the xr6 turbo and my futer plans will be to super charge it was well but using the capa positive superchargers which have a facume creating constant boost so unlike the turbo guys I will have power from the get go. so for thew people who are saying that supercharges on ba or bf would not go as hard as the turbos you are wrong they go just has hard if not harder I mean why do you think top door slamers use superchargers insted of turbos. hope I could help as I am kinda new to the forst induction path of doing up cars .

mate dorrslammer chargeres are TOTALLY different compared to a vortech style.... talkin chalk and cheese.

and what blowers got down low, turbo's got up top.

  • Member
  • Member For: 22y 1m 3d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Mildura
Posted
Thanks Trough Lolly.. After the work I've completed I'll be looking at things like that along with getting a custom double throttle body plenum constructed... problem though will be finding someone to do it...

Being in the Western New South Wales I don't have many contacts, I need to find the right people to do the work and then go with my car for 4+ weeks.... Keep the ideas rolling... Actually come to think of it... there hasn't been much talk about the supercharging in this Forum.. just alot of slap down coming from the turbo fraternity...

- Dan

mate I totally understand you... when I joined this forum I had a BA XR6 NA ute and I posted like u and NOS about performance gains and such. I also cracked the sh*ts at the turbo boys for saying "get a turbo cheaper in the longrun bla bla bla" but as much as I hated to admit it, kw/to the $ ratio on performance the turbo is just so much better base to start from.

I got my T and within 8 months and only $1800 I made 302rwkw...... if you wanna try new things by all means try and do the R&D time... but just remember there is a way better base out there to start from that will save you THOUSANDS.

goodluck! :bum:

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...