Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • BOOST
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 23y 27d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Southern Highlands NSW
Posted

Meguires is good, but do you realise that they have Meguires Gold Class which has all of the above setps in one polish, plus Wet Look clear coat as well.  I used to use the Claener, Polish, Was and Wet Look, but now Gold Class does it in one go with the same result. :spoton:

Cool thanks for that ill have to give it a go when I get the car back

Im wondering if yours is still a lil too new to polish and perhaps should be just washed and waxed this early on. Revheadrobbo is a clean freak when it comes to his car and it always looks shmick.

Wouldnt paint protection be some sort ot polish.. What im trying to say is if ford do this when the car in new the it should be ok for Jo bloggs to do it as well.

Thanks for the rap their Iconic. As ive said to you before im more than happy to give you a hand on yours to if you like.

Which is better to do for the car.

I will never get my car buffed as I have seen WAY to many fark ups. When you do it by hand just make sure the cloth you are using is clean. If you happen to drop it on the ground get a new cloth

Thanks Guys :w00t2:

I was wondering if the paint was to young to put a polish on. Has any one heard of this before. I am getting a heap of TAR on the back tailgate and am having a bitch of a time getting it off and was thinking that a polish would make it easier to clean. Also living a block away from the beach with no garage makes me think that a polish and wax would be in order. Also scared of putting swirls in the paint from the polishing process.

As I said before if ford "paint protect" then its ok for us

Pics of my t after I "went to town" on the paint work

post-2037-1165233521_thumb.jpg

post-2037-1165233604_thumb.jpg

What sort of products did you use???

I clay bared then Mequires three step

  • Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

  • Member
  • Member For: 20y 9d
Posted

HEY

You guys rock:rokon:

Thanks for all the feedback. Today I bought the Maquires 3 step and went to town on the ute. It has come up soooooo good that I just spent an hour and a 6 pack just sitting there looking at it. Once again thanks for all the comments it is great to have your questions answered on a forum like this. :glad:

  • Member
  • Member For: 20y 7m 18d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Brissy
Posted
HEY

You guys rock:rokon:

Thanks for all the feedback. Today I bought the Maquires 3 step and went to town on the ute. It has come up soooooo good that I just spent an hour and a 6 pack just sitting there looking at it. Once again thanks for all the comments it is great to have your questions answered on a forum like this.    :glad:

Good stuff mate :stupid:

  • Member
  • Member For: 20y 3m 12d
Posted
Which is better to do for the car. Polish by hand or by machine.

Hand is always better if there aren't too many stains on the paint. Regardless of how good you are with a buffer, they always leave swirl marks.

Incorrect

Machines far outweight hand polishing and deliver true markless results. Problem is not the machine but the operator.

I don't do any hand polishing anymore.

You can polish a new car, just use a paint cleanser or a finishing polish and use back and forth motions.

Davo from waxit.com.au is a top bloke and I thoroughly recommend and use all the brands he sells and dozens of others.

Fireglaze double strength plus is actually not a polish but a durable sealant. I get mine from the USA at $14 dollars a bottle.

I don't recommend applying it with any pressure, it may scratch modern clearcoats.

Just spread it lightly

  • BOOST
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 23y 27d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Southern Highlands NSW
Posted
HEY

You guys rock:rokon:

Thanks for all the feedback. Today I bought the Maquires 3 step and went to town on the ute. It has come up soooooo good that I just spent an hour and a 6 pack just sitting there looking at it. Once again thanks for all the comments it is great to have your questions answered on a forum like this.    :punchhead:

Good stuff mate.. Now where are the pics??? :spoton:

I have a similar method that also requires the consumtion of beer.. Just cant find the post that it was in :fool:

  • BOOST
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 23y 27d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Southern Highlands NSW
Posted

Found my post

Go out and get you self some decent polish/wax... A slab of beer or sixpack (depends on how much you like a drink)

Go home give your T a wash(in the shade of course) and crack one open..

Once this is done polish away and again crack a few open

When your done take a few steps back from the car crack open another beer. Take a look at the car and go FARK that looks sweet.

I think all of the above (not including labour) would be a cheaper option and the result is soooo much better.

Disclaimer: The more beer consumed can affect the outcome

I found it

  • Member
  • Member For: 20y 9d
Posted

Thanks Revhead

Sorta worked like that but the beer came after the polish. It did take a few hours and the beer went down plenty well after. :nono:

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...