Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted
hey everyone,

it's been a while since I've checked in on this forum. good to see that we NA owners have an area for ourselves. cheers NOS XR.

Cheers,

bfnaxr6

Good to see you here, :roflmbo:

  • I'm Back!! Thats right, long over due! :)
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 11m 7d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: West Brisbane
Posted

Keep up the great work guys. :spoton:

  • Member
  • Member For: 19y 9m 14d
Posted

I stumbled across you guys, I didn't expect to find a N/A section here. I normally hang out at AFF but I thought it might be a nice change to come over here for some fresh ideas and opinions.

Posted

:banghead:

Welcome Brother tell us all your R'n'D story.

:censored:

We need your info here, Im likeing your signature.

  • Member
  • Member For: 19y 9m 14d
Posted

Cheers NOS, It's a long long story maybe I will do an in-depth post soon. It's nice to see someone waving the N/A flag here.

  • Member
  • Member For: 21y 9m 13d
Posted

Great to see a NA forum. I currently drive a leased XR6, so can't really do any mods. But in 12 months I'll be looking to buy something - probably a T, but I keep wondering how much power there is in the NA motor. So any dyno figures or 1/4 mile times for modded NAs would be appreciated.

One thing I've done is to run my car on BP Ultimate for the last 9 months. My car has never liked NZ 91 octane - pinks under load, especially in winter - so I'd always used Gull 91, which is imported from Aus. But it definitely runs better on Ultimate, and gets better fuel consumption, so I reckon it's worth the extra 10c per litre. Plus it's pretty much the only performance mod that I can do!

Posted

Not to worry about mods, enjoy the forum and I hope we can help you.

  • Member
  • Member For: 19y 9m 14d
Posted
Great to see a NA forum.  I currently drive a leased XR6, so can't really do any mods.  But in 12 months I'll be looking to buy something - probably a T, but I keep wondering how much power there is in the NA motor.  So any dyno figures or 1/4 mile times for modded NAs would be appreciated.

One thing I've done is to run my car on BP Ultimate for the last 9 months.  My car has never liked NZ 91 octane - pinks under load, especially in winter - so I'd always used Gull 91, which is imported from Aus.  But it definitely runs better on Ultimate, and gets better fuel consumption, so I reckon it's worth the extra 10c per litre. Plus it's pretty much the only performance mod that I can do!

You could get a Flash unit with generic tunes and run it on Ultimate properly. You can always flash it back to factory before you service it or when you give it back. If you buy a T later on, you can get it reset so you can use it on your T instead. No physical modifications are needed.

  • Member
  • Member For: 21y 9m 13d
Posted

I'd thought of that, but have seen lots of negative comments about generic tunes on the XR6 T forums.

  • Member
  • Member For: 19y 10m 1d
Posted

Hey XR6,

I think aside from NOSXR, I probably have one of the most modded XR6's around. Does your Lease allow you to buy at the end of the contract? Mine does! :D

There was no way I was going to wait 4 yrs before I modded mine! I have 2 yrs left on my lease and at the end of the contract I am purchasing. All mods and applications are mine and will be WHOLLY mine at the end of that term.

:spoton: !!!GO NA 6!!! :w00t2:

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...