Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Member
  • Member For: 20y 10m 29d
Posted

So I lost the instructions on how to install my floor mat hooks.

I seem to remember I have to cut a cross? into the floor carpet where I want the hooks to go...or was it drill a little hole - can't remember.

Could someone fill in the horrendous gaps in my memory?

  • BOOST
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 23y 1m 5d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Southern Highlands NSW
Posted

Mate I wouldnt bother

The foam type stuff they have on the back holds mine in place pretty well.

I guess im just not a fan of cutting into things

  • Team Grandpa Qualified
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 21y 7m 27d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Brisbane North.
Posted

Those dam hooks! They screwed in a couple of times, but in the end lasted 3 months - then went in the bin. :spoton: Two months later the XR mats followed.

New mats are from Super Cheeep.... miles better, no hooks required.

  • Member
  • Member For: 20y 10m 29d
Posted

Sounds like those hooks are crapo I guess - I find my car mats creep up under the accelerator sometimes and it gets stuck down.

I wanted to try out the fitment on the current T before I trade it in - if I had the instructions I would just read them.

I don't want to go hacking up the floor of the car for no reason...

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 21y 8m 9d
Posted

I just used a couple of long cable ties under the front seat onto the seat rail. I didn't like the idea of cutting the carpet and the look of those plastic screwa.

  • Member
  • Member For: 20y 10m
  • Gender: Male
Posted

you can use a pen and push a guild hole in, then screw them in that way.

but if I was you I would not bother!!

  • Member
  • Member For: 20y 8m 10d
  • Location: Victoria
Posted

Agree with everyone else here, never bothered to put my screws in & they are fine.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...