JB Forum Superhero Legacy Donating Member 3,109 Member For: 22y 10m 5d Location: Eastern Suburbs of Mexico Posted 16/11/06 10:39 AM Posted 16/11/06 10:39 AM Hey guys, unfortunately it's not a T issue however with the wealth of experience on here I was hoping to find an alternate solution for a noisy first gear in which I believe the syncro is on it's way, or gone.It is for a VW GTI. It selects gears fine, it's just when you are driving around in 1st it's loud like gears running dry without oil, but once in second as quiet as a mouse.Would a change of oil to Synth do the trick? Is there a specific oil I should use?Otherwise if it's a rebuild what cost would it be, or would a reco be a better option?I am open to any suggestions. I am sure to most people it's not to bad, however being as pedantic as I am about my cars, it juts eats away at me!Any suggestions appreciated.Oh BTW for the Older term members of the forum, I will post pics of my current ride when I get a chance to take some photo's!CheersJB
Flukey Seriously Flukey Member Legacy Donating Member 4,354 Member For: 22y 6m 11d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 16/11/06 10:47 AM Posted 16/11/06 10:47 AM Oh BTW for the Older term members of the forum, I will post pics of my current ride when I get a chance to take some photo's!CheersJB ←We've seen pics of your Bavarian brush-cutter JB, or is there something else?
JB Forum Superhero Legacy Donating Member 3,109 Member For: 22y 10m 5d Location: Eastern Suburbs of Mexico Posted 16/11/06 10:54 AM Author Posted 16/11/06 10:54 AM Oh BTW for the Older term members of the forum, I will post pics of my current ride when I get a chance to take some photo's!CheersJB ←We've seen pics of your Bavarian brush-cutter JB, or is there something else? ←Yep.............
JB Forum Superhero Legacy Donating Member 3,109 Member For: 22y 10m 5d Location: Eastern Suburbs of Mexico Posted 16/11/06 11:05 AM Author Posted 16/11/06 11:05 AM Oh BTW for the Older term members of the forum, I will post pics of my current ride when I get a chance to take some photo's!CheersJB ←We've seen pics of your Bavarian brush-cutter JB, or is there something else? ←Yep.............←Hey Lukey,SWMBO has comandeered the Bavarian Cabbage Cutter to transport mini me around in, so I found myself in need of alternate transport and only a certain amount of notes to throw around.Went out and bought a VW GTI Golf, 5 years old with factory Recaro intrerior (bloody beautiful) lowered with Audi RS4 18 inch wheels on it. It has a powerchip installed which well makes it about as quick as a T in first gear, no more to be said............Great little car to drive, good quality german build with no shortcuts. Should keep me going for 12-18 months then we will see where we go from there. Will post pics when I get a chance, I am really enjoying it as a quick small run around.
Flukey Seriously Flukey Member Legacy Donating Member 4,354 Member For: 22y 6m 11d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 16/11/06 11:08 AM Posted 16/11/06 11:08 AM Oh BTW for the Older term members of the forum, I will post pics of my current ride when I get a chance to take some photo's!CheersJB ←We've seen pics of your Bavarian brush-cutter JB, or is there something else? ←Yep.............←Hey Lukey,SWMBO has comandeered the Bavarian Cabbage Cutter to transport mini me around in, so I found myself in need of alternate transport and only a certain amount of notes to throw around.Went out and bought a VW GTI Golf, 5 years old with factory Recaro intrerior (bloody beautiful) lowered with Audi RS4 18 inch wheels on it. It has a powerchip installed which well makes it about as quick as a T in first gear, no more to be said............Great little car to drive, good quality german build with no shortcuts. Should keep me going for 12-18 months then we will see where we go from there. Will post pics when I get a chance, I am really enjoying it as a quick small run around.←Sounds like good fun mate.
Dagabond Bored Member Administrator 35,722 Member For: 23y 10m 18d Gender: Male Location: Dé·jà vu Posted 16/11/06 12:08 PM Posted 16/11/06 12:08 PM vwvortex forum JB every anwser you'll ever need on the VW's.
saleen Big Gun Legacy Donating Member 4,170 Member For: 23y 11m 22d Gender: Male Location: NSW Posted 16/11/06 12:54 PM Posted 16/11/06 12:54 PM iF 1ST GEAR IS NOISY, TRY CHANGING INTO 2ND.
ms700 Moderating Team 10,170 Member For: 23y 8m 1d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 16/11/06 10:14 PM Posted 16/11/06 10:14 PM iF 1ST GEAR IS NOISY, TRY CHANGING INTO 2ND.←If that doesn't work, you could always try turning off caps lock.....
JB Forum Superhero Legacy Donating Member 3,109 Member For: 22y 10m 5d Location: Eastern Suburbs of Mexico Posted 16/11/06 11:48 PM Author Posted 16/11/06 11:48 PM iF 1ST GEAR IS NOISY, TRY CHANGING INTO 2ND.←2nd? Where's that?
JB Forum Superhero Legacy Donating Member 3,109 Member For: 22y 10m 5d Location: Eastern Suburbs of Mexico Posted 16/11/06 11:49 PM Author Posted 16/11/06 11:49 PM Can anyone reccomend a good gearbox oil for this type of car?Can anyone assist me in changing it? eg Nick do yoiu have a hoist I can use?
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now