qwigybo Member 288 Member For: 20y 5m 7d Location: bendigo home of SFA Posted 11/11/06 07:13 AM Posted 11/11/06 07:13 AM well I had my dvd player all installed and working, not connected to the icc yet.then I went to go for a drive and the icc isn't working car starts but no display, a/c won't work. was working after I had installed the dvd player earlier, any help would be great.I have d/c the dvd player from every plug and plugged everything back to factory but still no go
shockF6 Legacy Donating Member 478 Member For: 21y 6d Location: Melbourne Posted 11/11/06 07:33 AM Posted 11/11/06 07:33 AM did you take the icc out when you installed the dvd player?does anything show up on the icc screen at all???need more info.....
qwigybo Member 288 Member For: 20y 5m 7d Location: bendigo home of SFA Posted 11/11/06 07:44 AM Author Posted 11/11/06 07:44 AM didn't take the icc out, nothing displays at all, even with the ignition off and trying to turn the radio on it doesn't even try to do anything
qwigybo Member 288 Member For: 20y 5m 7d Location: bendigo home of SFA Posted 11/11/06 08:30 AM Author Posted 11/11/06 08:30 AM well the bad news is it's getting power, and there is was a slight burn smell omitted from it when I plugged the power socket back into it
Adam Here since the start... Legacy Donating Member 10,282 Member For: 23y 5m 14d Gender: Male Location: Victoria Posted 11/11/06 08:39 AM Posted 11/11/06 08:39 AM What... The ICC or the DVD player?
qwigybo Member 288 Member For: 20y 5m 7d Location: bendigo home of SFA Posted 11/11/06 08:42 AM Author Posted 11/11/06 08:42 AM (edited) the iccdvd player is still working fine Edited 11/11/06 08:42 AM by qwigybo
Adam Here since the start... Legacy Donating Member 10,282 Member For: 23y 5m 14d Gender: Male Location: Victoria Posted 11/11/06 08:44 AM Posted 11/11/06 08:44 AM Have you unplugged the DVD player to see whether it works then?
qwigybo Member 288 Member For: 20y 5m 7d Location: bendigo home of SFA Posted 11/11/06 08:50 AM Author Posted 11/11/06 08:50 AM yeah everything is back to factory, dvd player amps etc have been removed from the car
shockF6 Legacy Donating Member 478 Member For: 21y 6d Location: Melbourne Posted 11/11/06 08:51 AM Posted 11/11/06 08:51 AM well the bad news is it's getting power, and there is was a slight burn smell omitted from it when I plugged the power socket back into it ←that's never a good sign I can feel a warranty claim coming on did you splice into any of the ICC plugs when you installed your DVD drive? like speaker outputs?if the icc and the things that plug into it are all "factory" then you should still have warranty on the ICC
qwigybo Member 288 Member For: 20y 5m 7d Location: bendigo home of SFA Posted 11/11/06 08:59 AM Author Posted 11/11/06 08:59 AM the rear speaker plus were removed a while ago to install splits, but I still have the originals so I can just crimp and fixthe only other cable that was spliced was the accessory wire on the cigarette plug
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now