Auto Trans Issues Since Edit

boogamanXR6T

• Member For: 17y 8m 18d

apologies for the long post but I need help - in many ways...

I recently ran a Capa edit through my BA XRT 4spd auto and a couple of days later she started to slip changes into 2nd under full power - then it started to jump around looking for gears - then it started to slip into 2nd under 3/4 throttle - then it started slipping the very first change of the morning into 2nd at 1500-2000rpm.

I put it back into factory tune and it wouldn't miss a single beat no matter how hard I tried - although I did get the faintest 'whoop' sound when kicking back to 2nd from 65kmph

got the Capa box reloaded with updated software codes and that took away the jumping around for gears

the current status is:

-now it drives fine in perf tune at mid throttle

-3/4 throttle or more will make it slip into 2nd

-SSS with the shift firmed up under full throttle is a silky smooth shift - not firm - but no slip at all

-first change of the morning into second at 1500-2000rpm is a slipper

-at low throttle the firm shift SSS is actually firm

BACK INTO FACTORY TUNE AND IT DOESN'T MISS A BEAT AGAIN!!! this is driving me insane.

I can't get ford to fix it under warranty if it doesn't do anyhting wrong in factory tune - but they've been trying to get rid of the faint 'whoop' sound for me - so far new torque converter but no change to anything

current talk is solenoid - so we're going to turn up trans line pressure by 10% for both auto and firm SSS and see what happens - the theory is that if it changes fine in auto and firm shift actually becomes firm then the solenoid is at fault - if it still slips into 2nd under power then the bands are gone on 2nd

anybody got any suggestions? all help appreciated

• Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 21y 3m

Other than your band is on the way out and the extra torque with the edit shows it up. I know there are not many places to try it but if it slips 3rd to 4th as well but 2nd to 3rd is ok I would bet London to a brick it's the bands.

you're right - it's not easy to check for slippage in the other gears very often...

the line pressures go up thursday so we'll see

might find there already to high!!!!

I don't think that applies to my situation - mine has slipping issues in perf tune with the trans running factory line pressure for auto mode - SSS firmed up and it's silky regular changes under full throttle and firm changes under low throttle

the theory is to raise the stock line pressures by 10% and see if its okay - this will hopefully highlight whether the solenoid is struggling or the bands

all input welcome because many are still baffled

• Im the one and only
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 3m 22d

Rebuild time :roflmbo:

Mine did the same thing after about 3 months from being modded.Started getting very slippery into 2nd gear even with the shift kit and cooler on.I bit the bullet and toughend it up before I blew it.Yours sounds identical to my box :blink:

Rebuild time :stirthepot:

Mine did the same thing after about 3 months from being modded.Started getting very slippery into 2nd gear even with the shift kit and cooler on.I bit the bullet and toughend it up before I blew it.Yours sounds identical to my box :outahere:

did yours slip in stock tune?

• Im the one and only
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 3m 22d
Rebuild time :roflmbo:

Mine did the same thing after about 3 months from being modded.Started getting very slippery into 2nd gear even with the shift kit and cooler on.I bit the bullet and toughend it up before I blew it.Yours sounds identical to my box :stirthepot:

did yours slip in stock tune?

I was running a piggyback ECU but I would assume that with the extra torque with your higher boost maps that its just sped up the process of wearing out.I hope for your sake that its not your box but the signs are there.It is going to have to be toughend one day.I would do it before you burn out your bands and stuff your planetry gears. :outahere: