Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Member
  • Member For: 20y 2m 4d
Posted (edited)

Hey all! Went to QLD raceway today to see how the XR6 would go on the track. I had the APS Phase II kit plus upgraded brake pads to EBC Reds and better brake fluid. Everything else was stock. Was a pretty hot day, but posted a pb of 1:10.6 seconds, which wasn't far off my time I placed in the starlet.

Another guy with an XR6 n/a posted a 1:08.6.

My 19's (read heavier rims) plus nankang rubber were clearly not the track choice....

There was also a mad XR5 turbo that was dominating the group it was in. Hope to see more XR's next time around!

Finally there was a silver F6, stock from what I heard, but looking pretty good down the straight.

Pics of the day:

post-9351-1162030172_thumb.jpgpost-9351-1162030209_thumb.jpgpost-9351-1162030331_thumb.jpgpost-9351-1162030420_thumb.jpg

post-9351-1162030493_thumb.jpgpost-9351-1162030555_thumb.jpgpost-9351-1162030444_thumb.jpgpost-9351-1162030608_thumb.jpg

post-9351-1162030639_thumb.jpgpost-9351-1162030669_thumb.jpgpost-9351-1162030944_thumb.jpgpost-9351-1162031069_thumb.jpg

post-9351-1162031139_thumb.jpgpost-9351-1162031201_thumb.jpg

Edited by jeromie0
  • Formerly XR6NA
  • Member
  • Member For: 20y 10m 9d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Brisbane
Posted

Looks like lots of fun. How much did it cost? What type of license do you need?

  • Formerly Turbo6
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 9m 2d
  • Location: North Brisbane
Posted

Thanks for the invite!! :glad:

I wanna come!

  • Member
  • Member For: 20y 2m 4d
Posted

Yeah it is heaps of fun. Cost is $75 for the day, plus either $20 for a day licence or $55 for an annual licence. Anyone with a road registered car and a drivers licence can race.

  • Member
  • Member For: 20y 3m 14d
Posted

awesome, well done.

how did jeff go in the xr5t?

I think the na xr6 was scott - I work with his wife.

I forgot it was on, was going to come out and say hi.

michael

  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 5m 20d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Gold Coast QLD
Posted

Sounds like a lot of fun to be had. When is the next one on?

Big AL

  • Member
  • Member For: 22y 2m 29d
  • Location: Gold Coast
Posted (edited)

The next one is the 18th of November, then the 9th of December. The idea is not to race but to see how fast you can go against the clock!

Also good race rubber makes a huge difference, road tyres just don't get soft enough as they're designed for dry & wet conditions.

If you were serious about doing sprints I'd be looking for some used slicks or race tyres, some of the race tyres get faster the less tread they have!

Was the F6 a Mercury Silver?? It wasn't Jeff Watson was it??

When's someone gonna cage one & give the turbo awds a floggin at a Topgear event?

Russ

Edited by thebrunks
  • Member
  • Member For: 20y 2m 4d
Posted
awesome, well done.

how did jeff go in the xr5t?

I think the na xr6 was scott - I work with his wife.

I forgot it was on, was going to come out and say hi.

michael

The Xr5t did really well from what my friends told me. He seemed to be dominating his group, but I think he was just before my group and we were busy waiting to go out on the track, so I didn't get to see him much.

The other guy was scott, and he can really drive the XR6! He posted a better time than me, though I would rather have had his rims and rubber for the track.

The next one is the 18th of November, then the 9th of December. The idea is not to race but to see how fast you can go against the clock!

Also good race rubber makes a huge difference, road tyres just don't get soft enough as they're designed for dry & wet conditions.

If you were serious about doing sprints I'd be looking for some used slicks or race tyres, some of the race tyres get faster the less tread they have!

Was the F6 a Mercury Silver?? It wasn't Jeff Watson was it??

When's someone gonna cage one & give the turbo awds a floggin at a Topgear event?

Russ

The F6 was silver! I don't know the person, but yeah it was silver. He looked pretty quick though.

Race rubber would make a huge difference, but again you can still have fun on the normal road tyres. You would be a serious racer to want to go Semi slicks or full slicks, but on the sprint track you could probably pick up as much as 5-10 seconds per lap if not a little bit more.

  • My new toy
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 5m 17d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: stanthorpe wine capital of qld.
Posted
The next one is the 18th of November, then the 9th of December. The idea is not to race but to see how fast you can go against the clock!

Also good race rubber makes a huge difference, road tyres just don't get soft enough as they're designed for dry & wet conditions.

If you were serious about doing sprints I'd be looking for some used slicks or race tyres, some of the race tyres get faster the less tread they have!

Was the F6 a Mercury Silver?? It wasn't Jeff Watson was it??

When's someone gonna cage one & give the turbo awds a floggin at a Topgear event?

Russ

Yes it was jeff watson russ he was having abit fun said he could go better as he has not done it before.

Ian

  • Formerly XR6NA
  • Member
  • Member For: 20y 10m 9d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Brisbane
Posted

I would love to have a go at this but I think I would need to get upgraded brakes before I would take my car to the track.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...