obi Member 150 Member For: 20y 5m 13d Location: Qld Posted 21/10/06 11:33 PM Posted 21/10/06 11:33 PM Does the Typhoon have ASC ? Looking at the Ford Website it doesn't appear to show anything.
ZAP No boost, no bottle, just my foot on the throttle! Legacy Donating Member 7,935 Member For: 22y 7m 16d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 22/10/06 12:47 AM Posted 22/10/06 12:47 AM NO,FPV said it was too expensive to calibrate the FPV models due tot heir limited numbers.
obi Member 150 Member For: 20y 5m 13d Location: Qld Posted 22/10/06 02:20 AM Author Posted 22/10/06 02:20 AM NO,FPV said it was too expensive to calibrate the FPV models due tot heir limited numbers.←If this is the case, what sort of situation would occur with the ASC on the BF XR6T if the vehicle has an Edit & the power levels come up to the equivelant of the Typhoon. Is there any Member out there with an Edit on the BF & if so how does it effect the ASC ?
cobrav8 Member 1,969 Member For: 21y 6m 6d Gender: Male Location: New Zealand Posted 22/10/06 03:28 AM Posted 22/10/06 03:28 AM I thought it was more related to not having the system calibrated to the Brembos.Gees - youd think if you spend more - theyd cover that kind of thing.
ZAP No boost, no bottle, just my foot on the throttle! Legacy Donating Member 7,935 Member For: 22y 7m 16d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 22/10/06 07:09 AM Posted 22/10/06 07:09 AM it's a combination of the wheels and brakes that come with the FPV's.I was really annoyed that this was the case, but all the hardware is there for it to work, so I am hoping they do it for the BF2, and retro fit it for us bf1 owners.
SavageF6 Legacy Donating Member 1,622 Member For: 22y 5m 11d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 22/10/06 07:13 AM Posted 22/10/06 07:13 AM I am hoping they do it for the BF2, and retro fit it for us bf1 owners.←Now that would impress me
Goobz Member 746 Member For: 21y 11m 18d Location: Sutherland Shire, Sydney Posted 22/10/06 08:37 PM Posted 22/10/06 08:37 PM (edited) My mate has ASC in his IS250 can't stand it. He cannot get the thing sideways if he wanted to. And you can't turn it off. He is hunting for a techy or auto elec who can atm...Great for day to day driving, but if you want to have some fun its Zap - I'd say you would have had trouble making that photo in your sig if you had it! Having said that I've never felt the ford one so it may be different...Chris Edited 22/10/06 08:38 PM by Goobz
ZAP No boost, no bottle, just my foot on the throttle! Legacy Donating Member 7,935 Member For: 22y 7m 16d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 22/10/06 10:55 PM Posted 22/10/06 10:55 PM (edited) Chris,It can be turned off for times of fun, but I think it was neglegent of FPV to disable a SAFETY feature in the donor car that would eventually be my F6, just for the sake of a few dollars.IF FPV offer this feature on the BF2's it would be their duty to retro fit it to our cars. I would even consider a class action with other BF1 owners to make them. I also have a Toyota Kluger that has Driver Assist Technology and the difference this makes when driving in dangerous conditions is amazing. I had the Kluger on wet grass towing a 1ton grane feeder and was showing my farming mate how well it drove and did not deviate from the direction I wanted it to go. Unfortunatly you cannot disable the DAT like you can in the Falcons, but my wife knows how it works now as I have made her drive on wet grass and feel how it handles the car in a skid. Tell your mate to pull the ABS fuse if he wants to disable the system.I think stability control should be fitted to all cars standard as it would be more of a lifesaver than airbags.It is better to avoid an accident than to have one. Edited 22/10/06 10:59 PM by ZAP_F6
obi Member 150 Member For: 20y 5m 13d Location: Qld Posted 22/10/06 11:28 PM Author Posted 22/10/06 11:28 PM If you look at one of my previous Posts, it saved my bacon one day on a greasy roundabout. But as I said at the time I was amazed at how quick it reacted, & the way it pulled the car back into line.
Goobz Member 746 Member For: 21y 11m 18d Location: Sutherland Shire, Sydney Posted 23/10/06 07:42 AM Posted 23/10/06 07:42 AM Chris,It can be turned off for times of fun, but I think it was neglegent of FPV to disable a SAFETY feature in the donor car that would eventually be my F6, just for the sake of a few dollars.IF FPV offer this feature on the BF2's it would be their duty to retro fit it to our cars. I would even consider a class action with other BF1 owners to make them. I also have a Toyota Kluger that has Driver Assist Technology and the difference this makes when driving in dangerous conditions is amazing. I had the Kluger on wet grass towing a 1ton grane feeder and was showing my farming mate how well it drove and did not deviate from the direction I wanted it to go. Unfortunatly you cannot disable the DAT like you can in the Falcons, but my wife knows how it works now as I have made her drive on wet grass and feel how it handles the car in a skid. Tell your mate to pull the ABS fuse if he wants to disable the system.I think stability control should be fitted to all cars standard as it would be more of a lifesaver than airbags.It is better to avoid an accident than to have one.←Yeah. Wasn't disputing its a great thing. Didn't know it could be turned off in the fords. It's all good then. Should be in all cars as you say - As long as it can be turned off! Doubt you'd get far in the class action though as you knowingly bought the car without it...Unfortunately in the IS250 its not that simple. He's had a couple of guys look at it. 1 who claimed he could do it. But couldn't and is looking into it further. Cars these days are getting to smart for their own good! Chris
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now