Turbo6man Legacy Donating Member 4,084 Member For: 23y 11m 18d Gender: Male Location: South Coast NSW Posted 17/10/06 07:34 AM Posted 17/10/06 07:34 AM I asked my first bride's parents - together, not just Dad.Second time around it somehow didn't seem necessary.I think it's just good manners generally and, in some instances as Cro has mentioned it is still custom.There is one thing for absolute sure and certain - YOU DO NOT WANT THE OUTLAWS OFF-SIDE! it's a funny thing but from all the girls I dated when young and then broke up with, the parents still treated me nice afterwards - usually better than the girls!
937 Member 266 Member For: 20y 2m 25d Posted 17/10/06 07:35 AM Posted 17/10/06 07:35 AM (edited) Re,Is there a senior's section on this site? Just kidding.1970 is not all that long ago, or is it. When I drive My BA Mk2 Turbo I don't feel old. Edited 17/10/06 07:36 AM by 937
PhantomFox6 Throbbing Member Member 123 Member For: 20y 3d Location: N.S.Farkin.W. Posted 17/10/06 08:28 AM Posted 17/10/06 08:28 AM dont do it at all man..... I mean get out now....run for the hills put your sneakers on.....theres still a chance to get out.I tell u this from personal experience, im 24, married , three kids, mortgage, two cars payments...the whole bit
PhantomFox6 Throbbing Member Member 123 Member For: 20y 3d Location: N.S.Farkin.W. Posted 17/10/06 08:32 AM Posted 17/10/06 08:32 AM whats the differenc between your mother in-law and a catfish?one is ugly and smells and has whiskers.....the other is a fish.
XtRmn8 570Nm @1800rpm Legacy Donating Member 2,441 Member For: 23y 7d Gender: Male Location: Perth, WA Posted 17/10/06 08:39 AM Author Posted 17/10/06 08:39 AM dont do it at all man..... I mean get out now....run for the hills put your sneakers on.....theres still a chance to get out.I tell u this from personal experience, im 24, married , three kids, mortgage, two cars payments...the whole bit ← 24 and 3 kids, you do not mess about!
PhantomFox6 Throbbing Member Member 123 Member For: 20y 3d Location: N.S.Farkin.W. Posted 17/10/06 08:50 AM Posted 17/10/06 08:50 AM three shots three hits.....what can I say
jetute Legacy Donating Member 4,553 Member For: 22y 7m 27d Gender: Male Location: brisbane Posted 17/10/06 09:03 AM Posted 17/10/06 09:03 AM (edited) three shots three hits.....what can I say ←one word for you mateSNIP Edited 17/10/06 09:03 AM by jetute
Rob (F6) Member 90 Member For: 20y 10m 17d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 17/10/06 10:17 AM Posted 17/10/06 10:17 AM Should ask father in law first - I didn't, because I knew that mother in law would let it slip on purpose, just that kind of person.In my case, I took her away, asked, got a yes, then took father in law aside when we got back, and said that we'd like to get married, and that I hope I had his approval.He was fine, but I suspect would have preferred I asked him first. However, it was more important to me to ensure that it was a surpricse for my now wife..Good luck!
Buf-Phoon loitering with intent Legacy Donating Member 13,318 Member For: 23y 1m 9d Gender: Male Location: Zombie Birdhouse Posted 17/10/06 10:38 AM Posted 17/10/06 10:38 AM IMO , can't hurt to ask. I did, and I still count my ex wife's dad as one of my mates.So much so that I still spend every Xmas day with the ex, my kids and her family Dysfunctional families can work, even my Mum and Dad still socialise with the ex's parents..... go figure Mate go for it sure cant hurt, probably earn you some respect...... good luck
turtle33 Member 578 Member For: 21y 7m 5d Gender: Male Location: brisbane Posted 17/10/06 10:49 AM Posted 17/10/06 10:49 AM its a respect thing and I have none for my father inlaw (he loves volvo's that explains a lot). So I didnt ask him, I even paid for my own wedding so it would never be held against me. The fact that you are askin the question here answers it for you, a definate yes for you and good luck with everything.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now