Guest Guests Posted 12/10/06 09:01 AM Posted 12/10/06 09:01 AM I'm probably going to upgrade to 19" rims within the next couple of weeks. These are the tyres I think I'll be choosing as well as the prices I have been quoted on for the tyres. I believe the prices to be pretty good but essentially I wouldn't really know. Remembering that it's a package deal with 4 new rims purchased also.Can anyone offer their opinion on how these prices compare please?Toyo proxes 4 $410.00 ea - 245/35/19 Hankook k104 $385.00 ea - 245/35/19 Hankook k104 $420.00 ea - 265/30/19 The other dilemma is whether or not to go for the 265's as opposed to the 245's.Wotcha reckon on that too please?All input will be greatly appreciated
DAM18T Member 34 Member For: 20y 8m 29d Location: Shire! Posted 12/10/06 11:14 AM Posted 12/10/06 11:14 AM All I can say is, I paid $450 for dunlops first up and they were great tyres, but gone in no time, and I've got $285 Kumho just on becuase I'm short of cash and they are noisey as hell....Sorry can't help too much more than that!
XRT8U Member 503 Member For: 22y 2m 4d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 12/10/06 11:23 AM Posted 12/10/06 11:23 AM You can budge them down I bought hankooks 104 Ventus$320 275x30x19 each$280 245x35x19 each
jEtONiT Legacy Donating Member 1,817 Member For: 22y 10m 26d Gender: Not Telling Location: next door.. Posted 12/10/06 11:59 AM Posted 12/10/06 11:59 AM You can budge them down I bought hankooks 104 Ventus$320 275x30x19 each$280 245x35x19 each←Where the hell did u get that quote from
ENVY-T CNUTOX Legacy Donating Member 3,098 Member For: 23y 8m 27d Gender: Male Location: Not sure? Posted 12/10/06 12:22 PM Posted 12/10/06 12:22 PM Hankook K107 S1 EVO. rears 255/35/19 - $340 fittedfronts 245/35/19- $320 fittedThey are a better tyre than the K104 and are quieter too.
Guest Guests Posted 12/10/06 03:11 PM Posted 12/10/06 03:11 PM Out of the 3 you have listed, the toyo's are by far the best but they're still pretty ordinary.I got Dunlop Sport Maxx in 245/35r19 for $450 ea and they're a much better tyre than both the Toyo and Hankook.As for size, I'm pretty sure 265's will fit the front (not 100%) and definitely fit the rear.Hope this helps.
Guest Guests Posted 12/10/06 09:43 PM Posted 12/10/06 09:43 PM You can budge them down I bought hankooks 104 Ventus$320 275x30x19 each$280 245x35x19 each←great info - I'll see how I go armed with thatthanx
Guest Guests Posted 12/10/06 09:45 PM Posted 12/10/06 09:45 PM Hankook K107 S1 EVO. rears 255/35/19 - $340 fittedfronts 245/35/19- $320 fittedThey are a better tyre than the K104 and are quieter too. <div class='bbimg'></div>←thanks for that - I'll look into those alsocheers
Guest Guests Posted 12/10/06 09:47 PM Posted 12/10/06 09:47 PM Out of the 3 you have listed, the toyo's are by far the best but they're still pretty ordinary.I got Dunlop Sport Maxx in 245/35r19 for $450 ea and they're a much better tyre than both the Toyo and Hankook.As for size, I'm pretty sure 265's will fit the front (not 100%) and definitely fit the rear.Hope this helps.←I'm led to believe that the 265's will fit on the front nicely given that they're 19" rims. I want the same profile front & rear so this is importantcheers
JimmyXR6T04 Member 1,299 Member For: 21y 3m 13d Location: Canberra Posted 12/10/06 10:25 PM Posted 12/10/06 10:25 PM Out of the 3 you have listed, the toyo's are by far the best but they're still pretty ordinary.I got Dunlop Sport Maxx in 245/35r19 for $450 ea and they're a much better tyre than both the Toyo and Hankook.As for size, I'm pretty sure 265's will fit the front (not 100%) and definitely fit the rear.Hope this helps.←sport maxx for $450?? geez, I got quotes down here in canberra, and the lowest was $350 fitted, highest was $390 fitted. that's what I'll be going for if I keep my 19s
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now