vidge Member 27 Member For: 20y 10m 20d Posted 09/10/06 01:55 AM Posted 09/10/06 01:55 AM Ok this is a little sad. I was at the lights on the weekend when a new nissan navara pulled up next to me, I didn't think much of it, till the lights turned green and he nailed it. I immediately gave it some (thinking is this guy a fool) . anyway it took me till 100 to go past him. BTW I'm in a stock mkII XR6T ute. I couldn't believe how quick this bloody thing was. Just had a look on the net, and the new ones have 200kw and are only about 60kg heavier than the xr6's.Me thinks it is now time for an edit.
Kimberley Scott www.australianflag.org.au Legacy Donating Member 6,763 Member For: 21y 2m 17d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 09/10/06 02:12 AM Posted 09/10/06 02:12 AM A jump start can be hard to overcome, especially if you are not ready for it. But those statistics are quite scary. Farked if I want upstarts in work utes (I know the XR6T can be a work ute) thinking they can take me on.Scotty
vidge Member 27 Member For: 20y 10m 20d Posted 09/10/06 02:24 AM Author Posted 09/10/06 02:24 AM yeah you are right, a jump start is a big thing, it was about the same result I had one time when a NA sedan xr6 did that to me at the lights. at the next set of lights I stalled it up and pulled away easy, but that being said, 0-100 in approx 7 to 8 secs for a navara aint to shabby. and to think if they jump you at the lights, you could quite easily be embarressed by a 4wd dual cab......
QikSmurf Member 246 Member For: 23y 2m 22d Posted 11/10/06 03:12 AM Posted 11/10/06 03:12 AM Like you said, mate, it's time for an EDIT
obi Member 150 Member For: 20y 5m 18d Location: Qld Posted 11/10/06 04:01 AM Posted 11/10/06 04:01 AM Time to update to 6 Speed Auto !
SavageF6 Legacy Donating Member 1,622 Member For: 22y 5m 15d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 11/10/06 05:50 AM Posted 11/10/06 05:50 AM
Fat-Tony Legacy Donating Member 5,364 Member For: 20y 6m 13d Posted 11/10/06 09:59 AM Posted 11/10/06 09:59 AM Pitty the majority of ones I get in at work are diesel variants
SCRIBR Yaris member Member 4,486 Member For: 20y 3m 13d Gender: Male Posted 11/10/06 10:51 AM Posted 11/10/06 10:51 AM yeh I really dont think the stock 1z r that quick.. I had the same thing with a P plater in a VN SS with 3 ppl in the car.. he had a jump start but I didnt over take him till >80 btw.. I am starting to wish I got that auto.. wish I could get it changed!!!
SavageF6 Legacy Donating Member 1,622 Member For: 22y 5m 15d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 11/10/06 11:31 AM Posted 11/10/06 11:31 AM btw.. I am starting to wish I got that auto.. wish I could get it changed!!!←Order a short throw shifter from Mal Wood, or a bangshift from Dynowog = problem sorted. It be like night and day; it's embarassing how bad the stock units are by comparison. As for clutch work, well your f*cked; ya shoulda got the auto
jeromie0 Member 49 Member For: 20y 1m 28d Posted 11/10/06 08:07 PM Posted 11/10/06 08:07 PM I got taken by one of those at a set of lights too. I didn't think he would get the jump on me the way he did, but so the story goes.... If another hard launches and you aren't ready for it they can be hard to rein in.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now