Jump to content

vidge

Member
  • Posts

    27
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by vidge

  1. And yet I still love looking at it.
  2. ok here she is, couple of quick pics this morning...bloody ford deal put my steering wheel on upside down haha Now just need those window tinted, drop it a touch and some decent 19's
  3. Hi All, Well for the last four years I've been driving an xr6 turbo ute. over the last year I have been looking for a replacement that had back seats (baby), and have just struggled to find anything in the price range 50's that did everything I wanted (I know a little optimistic). I test drove a lot of cars, but didn't really drive the new falcons, for the simple reason I wanted a change, and they do look fairly similar inside and out.... at least when photographed. I was basically giving up till I thought bugger it and took an xr6 turbo sedan for a drive, I liked it, the performance smoked my BA, new turbo and 6 speed over 4 a big part of that. But I have to say the interior looked a little cheap, even the leather version. I hadn't even considered a G6E as I figured it ws the old mans version. Well I stuck my head inside one in the showroom, and was sold. Much classier than anything else I'd sat in. So I am now the proud owner of a spankin new G6E Turbo in Ego and shadow, and I have to say I couldn't be happier. Compared to anything on the market for the same price these things do everything. They have everything in them apart from maybe heated seats (who cares it's that bloody hot in QLD) and their performance is brilliant... and I'm sitting on 12lts /100 kms. Probably the only two things that annoy me so far, are 1) I'm only 6'1 and with the seat all the way down and the steering wheel all the way up the edge of the wheel still blocks some of the view of the speedo and tacho. 2) It has auto down on the drivers window, but not auto up???? what is that? or is mine just faulty. But apart from those two small complaints, I don't think there is anything else on the market that offers the same level of Performance, size, and equipment, and all for $51000 drive away... brilliant!
  4. vidge

    A Little Sad

    yeah you are right, a jump start is a big thing, it was about the same result I had one time when a NA sedan xr6 did that to me at the lights. at the next set of lights I stalled it up and pulled away easy, but that being said, 0-100 in approx 7 to 8 secs for a navara aint to shabby. and to think if they jump you at the lights, you could quite easily be embarressed by a 4wd dual cab......
  5. vidge

    A Little Sad

    Ok this is a little sad. I was at the lights on the weekend when a new nissan navara pulled up next to me, I didn't think much of it, till the lights turned green and he nailed it. I immediately gave it some (thinking is this guy a fool) . anyway it took me till 100 to go past him. BTW I'm in a stock mkII XR6T ute. I couldn't believe how quick this bloody thing was. Just had a look on the net, and the new ones have 200kw and are only about 60kg heavier than the xr6's. Me thinks it is now time for an edit.
  6. I assume it would be just a generic tune, and it would simple reinstall a standard tune once they time was up.
  7. ok this is pretty cool, and good marketing to. My brother has an A3 turbo, same motor that is in the gti, they go ok, great handling, but could definately use a bit more go. Well they have a similar thing to the edit avaliable, it gives them about and extra 40kw -50kw. The good part is that the company that offers them has a little demo program that a fitter can load into your car for free and it gives you a 6 hour demo before reverting back to the original. Now that is great marketing, cause I reckon once you've tried it, it would be bloody hard to go back to a slower car.....
  8. Ok I don't get it, my car uses about 13lt per 100 and that's mainly city driving and giving it a squirt at least once each time I drive it. It seems there is a MASSIVE difference in between different cars. It surely can't all come down just to the manner it is driven, cause there are people on here saying they baby it and still get 18lt and others saying they give it some and get 12lt. Is it just that the factory setup is really inconsitent???
  9. Sounds GOOD!! I shall give you a ring next week to book it in. the car needs it's 15000kms service, what is you costs for that?
  10. Hi Guys, I am in need of a service, and I am thinking about changing the dealer I normally go to as there is one closer to my work. I was just wondering after all the talk about how the dealer mechanics thrash the cars, if anyone had any bad experiences with the Southport dealership.
  11. out of interest, what sort of time improvement down the 1/4 should you expect if you do have just an edit with a custom tune. And I mean the same tune that you would use to drive around the streets (not sure how if you sometimes just have a tune setup for racing) I'm asking what sort of time improvement, as I realise that there are lots of other factors such as air temp that make a big difference.
  12. sweet thanks
  13. Hi all, does anyone have any recommendations on where to get my ute tinted on the gold coast. And also any ideas on costs? Thank heaps
  14. vidge

    Top Speed

    Quick question, does anyone know what speed a stock turbo will top out at?
  15. remember I said 550HP which equates to about 418kw I think...
  16. yes, it has been highly modified. it's a 02 911 turbo.
  17. I agree the Dollars are crazy..... but I'm not interested in that as I'm never going to buy one, but the performance was amazing.
  18. Ok I love my turbo. but yesterday I was outside cleaning the cars, when my next door neighbour pulled up in front of my driveway in a 550hp, 750nm turbo porsche 911 (he's a salesman for porsche) and said come on let go for a ride... I nearly wet myself when he then said.... you drive.... Like I said I do love my XR6T, but OMG that is the quickest thing I have ever been in. I was a little hesitant to flog it to much, it is worth $259 000, so after a little spin I asked him to take me for a run. a small slip of the clutch, all 4 wheel spin a little (it's 4wd) and BANG you are gone... 3 seconds later you are doing 100kms, And at 215kms (we quickly drove to the NT where it is legal) it is still pulling like a my car does at 40kms. I know there are a few of you here that have machines that would match this over the 1/4 and I now know why you are so wrapped.. my car felt aweful slow when I drove it again later that day. And as for the gearbox, brakes and steering....... unbelievable. I'm still smiling!!!
  19. Well I'm spanking new to the T team. I bought a Mk11 runout model, (heaps cheaper) so I didn't really get a choice on colours, I either got an Envy turbo or a Red NA............. so obviously I now have an envy T ute. I really like the colour, but I must say that ford do seem to have some of the best colour choices going around at the moment, there are about 5 colours that I would be totally happy with.
  20. There is always a way around that warranty thing. Vidge,what part of the gold coast are you from? <{POST_SNAPBACK}> From Mermaid mate. you?
  21. hey guys thanks for the feedback, I did actually mean just straight line performance. It's just I recently purchased my first ute, first new car, and first turbo car, got one of the runout BA mkII's. I am totally happy with the descision to get a XR6 over the SS, as I feel as a ute, they are a better than the SS, and the space behind the seats is VERY useful. I was just interested in whether I was going to make a fool of myself, going up against one of the 1000's of SS that drive around the gold coast, have seen just 2 XR6T utes since owning mine, but see at least 1 SS everytime I drive somewhere. Would love to get the edit, just aint quite willing to throw away the warranty just yet.
  22. Hey all, just a quick question, how does the standard XR6t ute go against the SS utes. I realize the SS power has changed over the last few years, so if anyone knows how they go against the older ones and the new ones that would be great. Thanks Heaps
  23. vidge

    New To Xr6t

    One quick question, seeing there is no redline on the taco, how high should I be reving before changing gear for best performance?
  24. Well picked up the car yesterday arvo.... I had rung the dealer and asked him to check it as it felt sluggish... he got back to me a said everything is fine. Well when I picked it up, it was like a different car. has heaps of go!!! On the way to picking it up, I felt like I was on a first date, nervous and sweaty palmed. Worrying that I'd bought a lemon, and maybe XR6's aren't all that good. Well got there saw it, feel in love. Drove it and nearly ruined my seats with excitement. Couldn't be happier with the purchase.... except one small thing. Steering wheel seems to be slightly down on the left side, and car pulls slightly right. Could this be a wheel align problem?
  25. Thanks Guys, Hopefully get it today!!! Can't wait. Have been without car for 1 month and is killing me.
×
×
  • Create New...