Kimberley Scott www.australianflag.org.au Legacy Donating Member 6,763 Member For: 21y 2m 11d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 06/10/06 07:46 AM Posted 06/10/06 07:46 AM I have just heard of a crash at bathurst what happened?Scotty
937 Member 266 Member For: 20y 2m 25d Posted 06/10/06 07:48 AM Posted 06/10/06 07:48 AM Last Update: Friday, October 6, 2006. 3:28pm (AEST)Two drivers injured in Bathurst crashTwo drivers have been seriously injured in a support race this afternoon ahead of Sunday's Bathurst 1000 at Mount Panorama.Mark Porter and David Clark were airlifted to hospital following the crash, which occurred late in the first race of the Development Series.Both drivers are in a critical condition.Television pictures showed Porter's Expensive Daewoo Late model camira spinning sideways after striking a wall. Despite his best efforts, Clark could not stop his Ford Falcon from colliding into the stricken vehicle at an estimated speed of 200 kilometres per hour. Clark was flown to Nepean Hospital with serious head and chest injuries.Porter was taken to Bathurst Base Hospital for stabilisation treatment before he is expected to be airlifted to Royal Prince Alfred Hospital in Sydney.A third driver was involved in the crash and taken to hospital as a precaution.The crash has delayed the start to this afternoon's qualifying session for the V8 Supercars.-ABC/Reuters
Cro Flower Power Legacy Donating Member 6,114 Member For: 23y 11m 18d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 06/10/06 07:49 AM Posted 06/10/06 07:49 AM Some Late model camira lost it and laid sideways across the track, then some falcon t-boned it in the drivers side at 200kms.They reckon the main race is going to be postponed because of it.http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/stor...5001021,00.html
SHOCK Team Grandpa Legacy Donating Member 1,921 Member For: 20y 4m 29d Gender: Male Location: Hunter Valley Posted 06/10/06 07:52 AM Posted 06/10/06 07:52 AM I think the second guy did well to get sideways before he hit or it would have been goodnight mary......
XR06T Legacy Donating Member 4,146 Member For: 21y 3m 6d Gender: Male Posted 06/10/06 08:12 AM Posted 06/10/06 08:12 AM http://www.foxsports.com.au/?from=ni_story%22
Decoy Member 163 Member For: 20y 7m 15d Gender: Male Location: Brissy Posted 06/10/06 08:13 AM Posted 06/10/06 08:13 AM I don't think he did well at all. Many cars before managed not to hit the stranded car. I just hope they are both ok.
DAWSEY Member 441 Member For: 20y 9m 19d Gender: Male Posted 06/10/06 10:30 AM Posted 06/10/06 10:30 AM I don't think he did well at all. Many cars before managed not to hit the stranded car. I just hope they are both ok.←look at the racing line he was taking... he was in the proccess of overtaking or being overtaken as he was 2 cars wide.he could do nothing but put it into the wall...if he tried to get around him, he would have hit a dead stopped car at over 200km...so I think he did well. he could of done alot worse
Decoy Member 163 Member For: 20y 7m 15d Gender: Male Location: Brissy Posted 06/10/06 12:10 PM Posted 06/10/06 12:10 PM I don't think he did well at all. Many cars before managed not to hit the stranded car. I just hope they are both ok.←look at the racing line he was taking... he was in the proccess of overtaking or being overtaken as he was 2 cars wide.he could do nothing but put it into the wall...if he tried to get around him, he would have hit a dead stopped car at over 200km...so I think he did well. he could of done alot worse←look, either way it was terrible and no one wants to see it happen. I'm not commenting on it anymore after hearing the conditions these guys are in and would just like to see them pull through ok.
tab Sucker Moderating Team 32,303 Member For: 22y 5m 3d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 07/10/06 11:04 AM Posted 07/10/06 11:04 AM I don't think he did well at all. Many cars before managed not to hit the stranded car. I just hope they are both ok.←look at the racing line he was taking... he was in the proccess of overtaking or being overtaken as he was 2 cars wide.he could do nothing but put it into the wall...if he tried to get around him, he would have hit a dead stopped car at over 200km...so I think he did well. he could of done alot worse←Agree 100%, had he not have gotten it in a sideways slide the T-bone would have resulted in instant death for at least one of them.Having said that though Porter is still on life support.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now