Basketballer_vince Member 136 Member For: 22y 1m 22d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 05/10/06 07:31 AM Posted 05/10/06 07:31 AM (edited) I've been looking for slotted rotors and found a deal to suit me car but is it too good to be true ?The Brand is Superstone Premium.> Total Package> Front Slotted Rotors $110.00> Rear Slotted Rotors $110.00> Rear Brake Pads $20.00> Postage $60.00> Total:- $300.00I've also asked at a few places for slotted rotors and for my car it's normaly about $189 to about $215 any reason why they are so cheap ? and that's a set so 2 on the front and back for $110VinCe. Edited 05/10/06 07:35 AM by Basketballer_vince
Guest newl Guests Posted 05/10/06 07:33 AM Posted 05/10/06 07:33 AM I'd be cautious as the word cheap negates good. Combine that with your ability to stop in a timely fashion and you'll see why most here never go the cheap route with braking products.
Basketballer_vince Member 136 Member For: 22y 1m 22d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 05/10/06 07:38 AM Author Posted 05/10/06 07:38 AM So what brand do you think that I should get ECB or DBAand thinking about getting the Green stuff for the pads on the front.
YPURV4 KILL,KILL,KILL,DIE,DIE,DIE, Member 2,813 Member For: 20y 5m 7d Gender: Male Posted 05/10/06 07:40 AM Posted 05/10/06 07:40 AM I have DBA's and there great, I had them on my old car aswell and I never had a problem stoping.
Fat-Tony Legacy Donating Member 5,364 Member For: 20y 6m 20d Posted 05/10/06 07:49 AM Posted 05/10/06 07:49 AM Ive had both DBA and RDA on previous cars. RDA was just wrong, the DBA cast quality was much higher and the mere fact the RDA discs just rusted as apposed to DBA I know where I would put my money
Basketballer_vince Member 136 Member For: 22y 1m 22d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 05/10/06 07:50 AM Author Posted 05/10/06 07:50 AM Well thanks for all your help guy's I'm going to go out and get some prices now.
dingah2 Crusty aviator Member 846 Member For: 22y 3m 22d Gender: Male Location: ACT Posted 05/10/06 08:51 AM Posted 05/10/06 08:51 AM What price your life Vince? - there are some areas you don't cut corners and brakes is one of them.DBA 4000 slotted with Race Brakes RB74 pads are the best standard size rotor/pad solution. Used to be able to get the DBA's (18months ago) at $130 each from Discpads.com in Sydney and the RB74s at about the smae price a set for the front from Race Brakes in Melbourne. If you are committed to green or reds go with red as the T is a fast and heavy car and the greens provide limited benefit.Dingah
sargo Member 107 Member For: 20y 1m 3d Location: Brisneyland Posted 05/10/06 09:25 AM Posted 05/10/06 09:25 AM Hi, I have recently ordered a set of cross drilled and slotted gold DBA rotors for my BA MKII and they will set me back $535 for the set of four. Great rotors and they look sh*t hot behind a noice set of wheels with some tarted up painted rotors.
YPURV4 KILL,KILL,KILL,DIE,DIE,DIE, Member 2,813 Member For: 20y 5m 7d Gender: Male Posted 05/10/06 09:31 AM Posted 05/10/06 09:31 AM With the cross drilled rotor's I had a set and they cracked between holes wasnt happy so I just get slotted rotor's now, they were DBA as well.But the slotted ones are are good stuff.Any one else had drilled rotor's crack?
2fardown Member 526 Member For: 21y 4m 29d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 05/10/06 10:00 AM Posted 05/10/06 10:00 AM I have slotted RDA's and they work a treat.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now