Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Member
  • Member For: 22y 1m 22d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne
Posted (edited)

I've been looking for slotted rotors and found a deal to suit me car but is it too good to be true ?

The Brand is Superstone Premium.

> Total Package

> Front Slotted Rotors $110.00

> Rear Slotted Rotors $110.00

> Rear Brake Pads $20.00

> Postage $60.00

> Total:- $300.00

I've also asked at a few places for slotted rotors and for my car it's normaly about $189 to about $215 any reason why they are so cheap ? and that's a set so 2 on the front and back for $110

VinCe.

Edited by Basketballer_vince
Guest newl
  • Guests
Posted

I'd be cautious as the word cheap negates good. Combine that with your ability to stop in a timely fashion and you'll see why most here never go the cheap route with braking products.

  • KILL,KILL,KILL,DIE,DIE,DIE,
  • Member
  • Member For: 20y 5m 7d
  • Gender: Male
Posted

I have DBA's and there great, I had them on my old car aswell and I never had a problem stoping.

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 20y 6m 20d
Posted

Ive had both DBA and RDA on previous cars. RDA was just wrong, the DBA cast quality was much higher and the mere fact the RDA discs just rusted as apposed to DBA I know where I would put my money :laughing:

  • Crusty aviator
  • Member
  • Member For: 22y 3m 22d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: ACT
Posted

What price your life Vince? - there are some areas you don't cut corners and brakes is one of them.

DBA 4000 slotted with Race Brakes RB74 pads are the best standard size rotor/pad solution. Used to be able to get the DBA's (18months ago) at $130 each from Discpads.com in Sydney and the RB74s at about the smae price a set for the front from Race Brakes in Melbourne. If you are committed to green or reds go with red as the T is a fast and heavy car and the greens provide limited benefit.

Dingah

  • Member
  • Member For: 20y 1m 3d
  • Location: Brisneyland
Posted

Hi, I have recently ordered a set of cross drilled and slotted gold DBA rotors for my BA MKII and they will set me back $535 for the set of four. Great rotors and they look sh*t hot behind a noice set of wheels with some tarted up painted rotors.

  • KILL,KILL,KILL,DIE,DIE,DIE,
  • Member
  • Member For: 20y 5m 7d
  • Gender: Male
Posted

With the cross drilled rotor's I had a set and they cracked between holes wasnt happy so I just get slotted rotor's now, they were DBA as well.But the slotted ones are are good stuff.

Any one else had drilled rotor's crack?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...