Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Member
  • Member For: 22y 5m 23d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Gladstone, QLD
Posted

I have been researching a 4-Way Diversity Antenna and a booster for the TV Tuner in the carputer.

I have a couple of questions for those in the know. I think I am right but need some backup before I shell out the $100. I have googled, I have emailed, I have posted but I still do not know 100% whether this will give me a good TV picture whilst moving.

- will this work with tinted windows?

- the antenna has an amplifier itself, can I run this signal to another amplifier? (amplify an amplified signal)

- will this receive Digital TV?

- is this the best option?

This is the antenna - 4 Way Diversity Antenna

Carputer-4-WayDiversityAntenna.jpg

And this is the booster - Booster

Carputer-AntennaBooster.jpg

Panda

  • Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Member
  • Member For: 22y 5m 23d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Gladstone, QLD
Posted

Anyone able to help with the above post?

Panda

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 21y 3m 13d
  • Gender: Male
Posted

when you have digital tv at home it just uses any roof antena so I'd assume that as long as your tv tuner itself can out put a digital picture you would have no worries..

would metallic windows matter if the ariel is on the outside of the car anyway??

not sure about running 2 boosters..

  • Member
  • Member For: 22y 5m 23d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Gladstone, QLD
Posted

Thanks for that.

I suppose what I will have to do is just buy it, and if it doesn't do the job I'll add it to the pile of stuff that is growing in my shed.

I'll have to have a cleanout one day

Panda

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 21y 3m 13d
  • Gender: Male
Posted

had a closer look and I can see how it might not work..

I asked the seller a question about the metallic tint so I'll let you know when he gets back to me..

:spoton:

  • Gold Platinum Member
  • Member
  • Member For: 22y 3m 9d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Victoria
Posted

Well done Panda your spearheading the path for others to follow. Its once of the most comprahensive BA car PC projects to date but im slowly catching up mate watch out haha :P

I'll be posting stages 1-2 of my carbook project in the next few weeks, hopefully before snowies cruise.

  • Member
  • Member For: 21y 11m 24d
  • Location: Sutherland Shire, Sydney
Posted
Thanks for that.

I suppose what I will have to do is just buy it, and if it doesn't do the job I'll add it to the pile of stuff that is growing in my shed.

I'll have to have a cleanout one day

Panda

I hope it works cause I just bought one of each aswell! :roflmbo:

  • Member
  • Member For: 20y 11m 5d
  • Location: Brisbane
Posted

How will you interface the gauges? OBD or just an analogue I/O board hooked up to the various sensors (might be easier)

I have been doing alot of research into the carputer also and am going to put together a package using a 16 bit Anlogue I/O board with 8 inputs and 8 digital outputs. I can then write the software for it in VB Script.

Also, I am looking at getting a touch screen overlay, have you seen them? Are they any good? They are USB so shouldn't be too hard to interface.

I was also going to use a button on the screen (made in VB Script) to turn off the ICC overlay via the screen, should be a nice touch.

Yours is looking good though.

You will be able to hook the amplified signal up to another amp, but you will not get a multiplied gain (eg 1st amp is 9db and 2nd is 10db you will not get a 19db gain) but you will get some gain.

Rob

  • Member
  • Member For: 22y 5m 23d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Gladstone, QLD
Posted
I asked the seller a question about the metallic tint so I'll let you know when he gets back to me..
Thanks
  • Member
  • Member For: 22y 5m 23d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Gladstone, QLD
Posted
Well done Panda your spearheading the path for others to follow
I don't know about that, there's a lot of others who have done this way before me - ShockF6 and Bob^ to name a few off the top of my head. Not to mention just about everybody on the MP3Car Forums
Its one of the most comprahensive BA car PC projects to date but im slowly catching up mate watch out haha
It's not a race, it's a journey (yeah right)
I'll be posting stages 1-2 of my carbook project in the next few weeks, hopefully before snowies cruise.
Can't wait, it's great to know how others work around similar problems.

Panda

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...