KTASTRPHE Member 82 Member For: 20y 6m 11d Location: Perthoslavakia Posted 24/09/06 12:38 PM Posted 24/09/06 12:38 PM I finally got around to gapping my plugs down to 0.7mm to see if that helps out my "surging" of power under boost. The first time I nailed it (and took it to 14psi) and then backed off to change gears the blow off valve made a loud pop/hiss noise.I pulled over to have a look in the engine bay, thinking I just blew a hose off somewhere, but I cant find where. I havent really tried opening it up yet, but just an easy drive will only take it to around 8-10psi, whereas it used to get up around 12-14psi under the same conditions.Are there any other hoses I can check, I didnt take the plenum off to check under there because the thick hoses off the bov looked fine. Could I have broken the the blow off valve. Instead of the flutter, I get a whoosh sound when ever the bov is activated.Thanks guys. I did a search, but didnt come up with much.
Slymeat Team Kickass Legacy Donating Member 1,926 Member For: 22y 8m 11d Gender: Male Location: Albion Park, NSW Posted 24/09/06 01:30 PM Posted 24/09/06 01:30 PM Sounds like a hose to me, but I'm no expert. ( Depends on the woosh you described.)
ROLMDL role model Member 1,111 Member For: 20y 6m 29d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne,S.E Posted 24/09/06 03:25 PM Posted 24/09/06 03:25 PM Did you check the Vacuum line??mabye just crack the rubber vacumm hose.the stock BOV should be able to handle up to 15psibut better to upgrade after that just make sure youhave no boost leaks and all clamps are on tight. PS: I took my BOV off ehehe some people same it bad but hasnt done no problem to my car or turbo.
Iconic Bionic My engine bay is Bionic Legacy Donating Member 3,726 Member For: 20y 6m 20d Gender: Male Location: Freeways Posted 24/09/06 10:33 PM Posted 24/09/06 10:33 PM Anyone been done for BOV, I here its a good fine, especially in NSW,
SCRIBR Yaris member Member 4,486 Member For: 20y 3m 18d Gender: Male Posted 24/09/06 11:02 PM Posted 24/09/06 11:02 PM yeh whats the fine?How much would u expect to pay for a BOV.. are the cheaper (<$200) ok?Maybe its worth investing the 700bucks for that GFB elec. solinoid one.. I cbf lookin for it but basically its hooked up to a switch and change the volume from inside the cabin!
mattson Award Winning Photo guy Legacy Donating Member 1,340 Member For: 22y 9m 3d Gender: Male Location: Burleigh Waters Posted 24/09/06 11:34 PM Posted 24/09/06 11:34 PM no psscting for you
XR68UZ XR68UZ Legacy Donating Member 732 Member For: 20y 9m Location: Sydney Posted 25/09/06 07:50 AM Posted 25/09/06 07:50 AM 70 bux from repco.
IH8TOADS Legacy Donating Member 3,618 Member For: 21y 3m 1d Gender: Male Location: OZ Posted 25/09/06 08:23 AM Posted 25/09/06 08:23 AM dont worry about the cops.
KTASTRPHE Member 82 Member For: 20y 6m 11d Location: Perthoslavakia Posted 26/09/06 05:49 AM Author Posted 26/09/06 05:49 AM Well I took off the plenum and checked all the lines and made sure all the hose clamps were done up tight. Still doing it. Wont boost over 10psi. BOV doesnt "flutter" like it used to either, just a big woosh.Anyone know how much a replacement is (of the bosch unit). Is it cheapest just to go to ford spares?
YPURV4 KILL,KILL,KILL,DIE,DIE,DIE, Member 2,813 Member For: 20y 5m 5d Gender: Male Posted 26/09/06 06:02 AM Posted 26/09/06 06:02 AM Just take it off and plug up the lines and see if it make the noise again and if it dose you no its not the BOV.I dont even use a BOV
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now