Jump to content

how often people use triptronic mode and shift manually!  

80 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Recommended Posts

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 20y 10m 21d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Victoria
Posted

I only use it when I'm doing some "track work" the auto's smarter than I am in a straight line drag and it's to jerky shifting back to first when your just cruising around.

  • role model
  • Member
  • Member For: 20y 7m 1d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne,S.E
Posted

Ill only use it to shift down gears for example if iam giving the car abit of stick and need to stop a little earlier then I use it to shift down gears as I think it works alot

better. but in saying that sometime I use it for spriting. :laughing:

  • Tractor Driver
  • Member
  • Member For: 20y 8m 1d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Sydney
Posted

I use it now and then (ZF box) and I never shift the car into first while moving, bloody gearing is way too low for that. Even 3rd to 2nd can be quite a jolt.

  • My engine bay is Bionic
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 20y 6m 22d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Freeways
Posted
I will sometimes use it in heavy crawling traffic to keep the car in 1st, or on the track, but I find the ZF does a great job of predicting what gear I need to be in.

:spoton:

Used to use it all the time on the BA, but hardly ever touch it now with the BF.....only for 'very spirited' driving around roundabouts etc.

Im the other way around, now that I have 6 gears to play with I tend to use it more than the old 4speed clunker.

God bless the ZF.

  • Member
  • Member For: 20y 2m
  • Location: Brighton SA
Posted

I use it all the time except drags - nothing worse than hitting the limiter and putting your head through the windscreen when you're expecting to be pushed back into the seat - auto does such a lovely job for this all by itself.

standard starting procedure is trac off and straigh tover to tiptronic and select 1st - I'm now fully in the habit and it's sort of like driving a lazt manual

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...