obi Member 150 Member For: 20y 5m 19d Location: Qld Posted 13/09/06 08:38 PM Posted 13/09/06 08:38 PM I am getting a clunk (sounds like the L/H side) from the front end at times when I hit the brakes when reversing. It also happens sometimes when turning to the right without brakes. Doesn't sound like a loose Caliper, but I may be wrong. Had a Skyline once that did the same & it turned out to be loose bolts that held the suspension. Anyone got any ideas ? My BA XR8 did not have this drama. I could let the Masters Apprentice have a look under Warrenty but thought someone else may have experienced this problem & may have a answer. Thanks in advance !
tab Sucker Moderating Team 32,303 Member For: 22y 5m 11d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 13/09/06 09:44 PM Posted 13/09/06 09:44 PM I've got the same, but happens when turning left. I'll just wait for the 3k service but if you do find out please share so that I can let them know what's wrong with it to make it easier!
SCRIBR Yaris member Member 4,486 Member For: 20y 3m 15d Gender: Male Posted 13/09/06 10:23 PM Posted 13/09/06 10:23 PM I told them at my 3K service that my second gear was mega tight and they told me it was 'to spec' so alot of good that does...
Guest Guests Posted 13/09/06 10:43 PM Posted 13/09/06 10:43 PM (edited) I am getting a clunk (sounds like the L/H side) from the front end at times when I hit the brakes when reversing. It also happens sometimes when turning to the right without brakes. Doesn't sound like a loose Caliper, but I may be wrong. Had a Skyline once that did the same & it turned out to be loose bolts that held the suspension. Anyone got any ideas ? My BA XR8 did not have this drama. I could let the Masters Apprentice have a look under Warrenty but thought someone else may have experienced this problem & may have a answer. Thanks in advance ! ←Speaking from recent experience with the new breed of young Ford Service Advisors they'll probably tell you that purple] 'these clunks are not the clunks you are looking for'Wave there hand in front of you and then say 'you may go about your business'And strangely enough, you'll walk out of there going about your business, not only with the clunk still there but now somewhat puzzled. HA HADarrenps. If you piss them of I'm sure they have access to lightsabers kept in spares parts Edited 13/09/06 10:51 PM by Darren
teeg Member 372 Member For: 21y 2m 24d Location: SA Posted 13/09/06 10:47 PM Posted 13/09/06 10:47 PM I had much the same and the ford monkey's did fix it. It turned out in the suspension and engine mounts but can't really recall to much more than that.
doublek Member 333 Member For: 22y 3m 6d Location: sydney Posted 13/09/06 10:55 PM Posted 13/09/06 10:55 PM it could be your steering rack. there is a TSB on it so this may be it. it needs to be tightened or replaced I think.mine has this too and I will get it fixed next service
RHR BOOST Moderating Team 5,698 Member For: 23y 1m 1d Gender: Male Location: Southern Highlands NSW Posted 15/09/06 03:36 AM Posted 15/09/06 03:36 AM My best response from ford was when I had diff whine they said "Tyre noise evident!!!!" Please excues me if im wrong but im pretty sure tyre noise and diff whine sund different!!
TornadoJudd Legacy Donating Member 818 Member For: 20y 7m 21d Posted 15/09/06 03:51 AM Posted 15/09/06 03:51 AM I had the same problem. It was caused by tighening the suspension from the factory with no weight put on the suspension components. I placed the car on stands lossend the front suspension and re tightened one side at a time with a jack placed under the lower control arm to put weight on the suspension. That fixed my CLUNK when turning and braking. Hope that can help
BFHOON Legacy Donating Member 1,932 Member For: 20y 6m 12d Gender: Male Location: nsw Posted 15/09/06 06:34 AM Posted 15/09/06 06:34 AM mine HAD this clunk. it was the steering rack loose my opinion is that new cars should go in at 1500 not 3000
Iconic Bionic My engine bay is Bionic Legacy Donating Member 3,726 Member For: 20y 6m 17d Gender: Male Location: Freeways Posted 15/09/06 06:47 AM Posted 15/09/06 06:47 AM mine HAD this clunk. it was the steering rack loose my opinion is that new cars should go in at 1500 not 3000 ←Iagree with 1500 as well.I have the same clunk but its rare and only slight at the moment. Happens mostly at full lock to the left for me.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now