Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Dark Knight Mafia Member No. - 666
  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 7m 7d
  • Location: Toowoomba
Posted

I waited 4.5 months to the day for mine.

  • Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Team Blueprint
  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 5m 22d
Posted

I suppose mentioning the dealer doesnt hurt. John McGRATH in Belconnen, ACT. Funny though, I anonymously rang John McGRATH in Woden and they said mid-July for delivery. I am going to try and ring Ford tomorrow and get their estimation. I know the dealers only get certain allocations. My lease company only looked for competitive quotes in cost, not time unfortunately. I may well tell my lease company to look elsewhere for the same price with shorter delivery. This is absolute bulls***t. Its 2003. I guarantee Ford could make the car in less than a week.

Maybe someone should expose the crap that leasers go through....it just might be me. Not happy Jan :angry:

  • Flower Power
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 11m 22d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Sydney
Posted

Velvet, check out our sponsors, Westpoint (Melbourne) and City Ford (Sydney).

They have both done interstate sales before, and might be able to get you a better deal with a shorter delivery time.

Guest gjconn
  • Guests
Posted

Hi,

I ordered mine 25/3 and it was delivered 29/4. Part of that time taken up by the Anzac holiday weekend. I was lucky, my ute was an allocated and unsold build for my local dealer. They made me a great deal w/ fleet pricing on the ute and accessories and worked out the rest of the sale terms w/ Ford Credit.

What they had on order was nothing like what I wanted but because build had not started, I got my color, interior choice, trans choice, and factroy towbar. The rest were dealer installed options.

I think Ford can do better for you than August.

  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 8m 17d
Posted

Don't get me started on this topic...

From my experience lease companies are last on the list (why? think profit margins on retail sales) and depending on how significant a lease company is to Ford determines just how far back in the queue you are.

My last Ford (via Orix) was delivered within a week, a Late model camira before that in a fortnight...my hoped-for XR6T (via a smaller, obviously less influential company) is still somewhere in the ether after 5 months. No choice of lease company, that's driven by my employer.

I am really pissed off.

GDH

Guest Isher
  • Guests
Posted
I suppose mentioning the dealer doesnt hurt. John McGRATH in Belconnen, ACT. Funny though, I anonymously rang John McGRATH in Woden and they said mid-July for delivery. I am going to try and ring Ford tomorrow and get their estimation. I know the dealers only get certain allocations. My lease company only looked for competitive quotes in cost, not time unfortunately. I may well tell my lease company to look elsewhere for the same price with shorter delivery. This is absolute bulls***t. Its 2003. I guarantee Ford could make the car in less than a week.

Maybe someone should expose the crap that leasers go through....it just might be me. Not happy Jan :angry:

Velvet Glove:

I know for a fact (well almost...) that JM in Woden only get allocated two XR6T sedans per month. I was told this when I went to see them in Mar/Apr by one of the sales people. At the time I was told September delivery as they had already sold their previous allocation. They could have been fobbing me off as I told them I was a lease purchaser.

It is not beyond the sales people to say that they can achieve May/June delivery now just to get you to sign on the dotted line. Once you are signed up it is easy for them to delay the delivery and blame things like demand etc.

I ordered mine on 11 Apr and was advised June delivery (no specific date..). I only got my SIDO on Tuesday and at the moment the dealer says he will not know the build date until the end of May and that it will be some time in June.

Given all the options I have I don't realistically think I will see my car till July at the earliest. I'm getting mine through Gregorys FYI.

Isher

  • Brendan Dennis
  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 11m 18d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne, Vic
Posted

Velvet Glove,

What are you ordering.? There are dealers that have Turbo's just sitting there. It all depends on what options you want. If you are not fussy then you could get something quicker...

As others have said. Dealers only get an allocation of X vehicle type per month. If they have sold their allocation there is nothing they can do. THey can not get extra. Unless there is another dealer that has what you want and the dealers can do a trade..

I ordered mine in December and received it on the 28th of March. I was aware of the wait at the time of order and was ready to wait. Dont forget the potential price raise in June. You may get sluged for that also.

Good luck. It IS worth the wait...

Guest Andy
  • Guests
Posted

How'dy Guy's n Girls

Ordered mine on the 14/03/02 from John McGrath Woden with a 7/05/03 delivery date but it didn't arrive, now expected to arrive on the 14/05/03 that's two months but I wont hold my breath. It's not a XR6T it's a NA XR6 so maybe that's why it is a bit quicker than normal. Should be close though rang customer service they told me it was completed and waiting for toll to pick it up today.

Guest Isher
  • Guests
Posted

Andy,

What is the number for ford customer service? What info can they give you about your car? Do you only need your SIDO?

Regards

Isher

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...