mjh Member 156 Member For: 23y 7m 13d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 05/05/03 09:58 AM Posted 05/05/03 09:58 AM Well, after 3 months waiting and not sleeping at all. The big day arrives tomorrow. I've got a feeling that I am not going to sleep much again tonight. For some reason I can just feel that something is going to be wrong with the car tomorrow. Lets hope that htis is just me being paranoid. Everything is going to be OK!!!!
Charliewool Member 375 Member For: 23y 8m 9d Location: Melbourne Posted 05/05/03 10:02 AM Posted 05/05/03 10:02 AM Mjh.... Be like Xmas morning for you tomorrow!... Good Luck with it. ( & stop your paranoia!.. It'll be fine!)
Cam Member 397 Member For: 23y 8m 1d Location: Brisbane Posted 05/05/03 10:25 AM Posted 05/05/03 10:25 AM I collect my new car tomorrow as well - 2 more T's for Brisbane then, and both of them living in Wellington Point.
Guest turbo dave Guests Posted 05/05/03 11:32 AM Posted 05/05/03 11:32 AM camI do the odd job out your way now and againblood orange is a wild colour I ,ll have to keep a eye out for youmines a blue print turbo ute with polished racks cam and mjhhope you enjoy your new cars
HellionXR6T I'm Back!! Thats right, long over due! :) Legacy Donating Member 4,348 Member For: 23y 10m 27d Gender: Male Location: West Brisbane Posted 05/05/03 11:41 PM Posted 05/05/03 11:41 PM Exellent, well done guys... mjh,Don't be paranoid, at least wait 2 weeks until something goes wrong....lol. J/K!! :lol: Everything will be peachy. you will love it. Hell I love my POS and it's only the NA (to be supercharged in a years time). cam,I'd love to be able to check out a Blood Orange "T" in the flesh. Seen a couple of N/A's and man, I LOVE THE COLOUR!!!! They look soooo hot on the road.Like Phantom, Acid & Citric, Blood Orange is one of those colours impossible to reproduce.Coming on the BNE cruise on the 25th?
Cam Member 397 Member For: 23y 8m 1d Location: Brisbane Posted 05/05/03 11:43 PM Posted 05/05/03 11:43 PM I sure am....
Guest Andy Guests Posted 06/05/03 04:22 AM Posted 06/05/03 04:22 AM Hi Guy's Good to hear and enjoy them!!Mine arrived at FPV yesterday, dealer recons they will get it on Friday. No big extras such as sun roof, leather or premium sound to have done so it should be a quick visit there before coming to me!!!! Fingers crossed
mjh Member 156 Member For: 23y 7m 13d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 06/05/03 08:38 AM Author Posted 06/05/03 08:38 AM Hi Cam, I hope your car is going well. I unfortunately did not get mine. They rang me up this morning and said they require one more day to work on it. So, I can pick it up at 11am tomorrow morning. I knew something was wrong last night when I was typing my first message. I'll have to keep an eye out for you on the roads in your Blood Orange, That was my second choice of colour. I'm sure we will cross paths somewhere down the line.Well bring on 11am tomorrow.
mjh Member 156 Member For: 23y 7m 13d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 08/05/03 05:39 AM Author Posted 08/05/03 05:39 AM Well, I have my car. I'm glad I can even say that.I picked it up yesterday but not after some dramas I'll tell you that.I was supposed to pick it up at 11am. At 10.45am (when I'm half way there) they ring up and tell me that they have stuffed up the rego and it would take another 45 minutes. I thought well I'm not just going to pull over and sit there for 45 minutes I'll go and have a look at my car. Just before the dealer hung up he asked one last question. Michael did you order sat nav. I said "no". He said did you order "DVD rex system" I said "yes". He said well your car is fitted with the sat nav and there is no dvd player in your car. He said he will just go and get a technician to fit it now. I rocked up at 11am. Went in and there was my nice new car sitting there. The salesman came over shook my hand and sat me down. He said I had 3 options.1. Take the car as it is. (with something I didn't order)2. Pay $3600 for the sat nav. (which would let me drive away that day)3. Wait another month until another car is made which match my specifications. I was not really impressed by any of these ideas and fought and fought and fought and fought and fought to get them to just throw it in. However, after making a few phone calls to some relatives in Ford they advised me that the dealer was probably not going to throw it in. I went back and realised that I wanted my car today. I thought I'll bargain them for the sat nav. as I can't afford $3600. I ended up having to pay another $1500 on top of what I already paid. However, there were some guidelines such as there would be no charge to fit the DVD player when it arrives in a months time. After 4 1/2 hours of sitting and fighting I finally drove out in one of the nicest cars I have ever owned. (Not saying much for a 19 year old). It is beautiful, and I got told the way home by a computer on the dash. I think it was worth the extra $1500 I paid. Well, that's my story all over. 3 months of waiting. Finally over. All I can say is that "MAN IT WAS WORTH THE WAIT!!!!!!!!!"
Cro Flower Power Legacy Donating Member 6,114 Member For: 23y 11m 20d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 08/05/03 06:31 AM Posted 08/05/03 06:31 AM Good stuff mate!I hope they stuff up my order by giving me sat nav Now get out of here and enjoy your beast! :clapyohands:
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now