YOOT Member 1,201 Member For: 23y 3m 9d Location: Birkdale Posted 16/08/06 06:30 AM Posted 16/08/06 06:30 AM I am gearing up to offload the ute, as I about to venture into a business partership and my current company car will be for my exclusive use. So its not needed, and the funds will go towards my business.Now, selling the car is easy, but what do you do with personalised plates? Do I change the rgo and wait for the new sticker and then advertise it for sale?Or can I sell it and change the plates as the ownership changes?
tur Flight 6 Member 471 Member For: 23y 1m 24d Posted 16/08/06 08:38 AM Posted 16/08/06 08:38 AM when you get a buyer and they have left a deposit go to your locals RTA and pay for the normal plates, let the byer know the plates dont come with the car. I did that when I sold my CELICA ZR took the deposit, they bnyer went away to get the money, the next day I went to VIC roads payed for the new XXX123 vic plates $27 and keep my personised ones.
Fat-Tony Legacy Donating Member 5,364 Member For: 20y 6m 7d Posted 16/08/06 08:48 AM Posted 16/08/06 08:48 AM Or you can sell the car without reg or RWC and keep your plates that way at a reduced cost of course
tab Sucker Moderating Team 32,303 Member For: 22y 5m 2d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 16/08/06 11:27 AM Posted 16/08/06 11:27 AM Best check with Qld Transport Alex as the personalised plates setup is different to what those mexicans above are used to.
YOOT Member 1,201 Member For: 23y 3m 9d Location: Birkdale Posted 19/08/06 09:01 PM Author Posted 19/08/06 09:01 PM Best check with Qld Transport Alex as the personalised plates setup is different to what those mexicans above are used to.←Will do Trent, it pains me to think of selling my beast. Its the best Ford I have ever had. Fortunately I will be blessed with good resale values, no new Expensive Daewoo ute, and the BA/BF still being the pick of the too with private and trade buyers. And while everyone is rather rich in SE Queensland right now with all the development, there should be a lot of buyers. I'm not seeing too many T utes hang around in the trading post for long.
tab Sucker Moderating Team 32,303 Member For: 22y 5m 2d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 20/08/06 12:50 AM Posted 20/08/06 12:50 AM Resale on the utes is brilliant at the moment - all the best with it What's the real reason....is it because I now have a silhouette ute sitting in the garage?
YOOT Member 1,201 Member For: 23y 3m 9d Location: Birkdale Posted 20/08/06 06:10 AM Author Posted 20/08/06 06:10 AM Resale on the utes is brilliant at the moment - all the best with it What's the real reason....is it because I now have a silhouette ute sitting in the garage? ←There's only enough room for one of us more to do with $130K a year and two more new cars (3.0R outback and ST-X Navara).
ROLMDL role model Member 1,111 Member For: 20y 6m 17d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne,S.E Posted 20/08/06 06:12 AM Posted 20/08/06 06:12 AM good luck with the sale
phantomchic Just because it is, doesn't mean it should be..... Legacy Donating Member 14,092 Member For: 22y 15d Gender: Female Location: Noosa QLD Posted 21/08/06 01:23 AM Posted 21/08/06 01:23 AM direct from the sitehttp://www.ppq.com.au/TheHUBFAQ.aspxAre the plates mine for life? How do I transfer ownership?Your personalised plates are yours for life. Should you ever wish to transfer the ownership of your plates, you and the acquirer will need to complete a Transfer of Ownership Form and pay a modest fee, at your nearest Queensland Transport Customer Service Centreshazzy
YOOT Member 1,201 Member For: 23y 3m 9d Location: Birkdale Posted 21/08/06 07:22 AM Author Posted 21/08/06 07:22 AM direct from the sitehttp://www.ppq.com.au/TheHUBFAQ.aspxAre the plates mine for life? How do I transfer ownership?Your personalised plates are yours for life. Should you ever wish to transfer the ownership of your plates, you and the acquirer will need to complete a Transfer of Ownership Form and pay a modest fee, at your nearest Queensland Transport Customer Service Centreshazzy ←That doesn't help, I'm selling the car and keeping the plates. Not the otherway around!
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now