Strike_Lightning Strike_Lightning Legacy Donating Member 198 Member For: 20y 6m 9d Gender: Male Location: Warnbro WA Posted 14/08/06 06:46 AM Posted 14/08/06 06:46 AM I have had this problem with my 2004 mk1 xr6t ever since I purchased it a year ago, not sure if it is typical of this breed(shouldnt be). when slowing down in any gear then accelerating again there the car seems to jerk a little as if the diff is worn. ( not the case as the diff has just been replaced by F O R D ). They( ford ) have tried a few things to rectify this problem but to no avail. The mid tailshaft bearings were replaced then the diff. After the diff was replaced the prob seemed to get better but a few k's later and its back the same again. I am just interested if anyone else has experienced this prob and if so how it was rectified.dg246
turbotom Team Bute Legacy Donating Member 1,550 Member For: 23y 2m 17d Gender: Male Location: Adelaide Posted 14/08/06 07:19 AM Posted 14/08/06 07:19 AM I assume it is a manual?Lots of threads here with similar issues.tom
Fat-Tony Legacy Donating Member 5,364 Member For: 20y 6m 11d Posted 14/08/06 07:22 AM Posted 14/08/06 07:22 AM Its probly within factory tolerences
nang3 12" member Legacy Donating Member 2,107 Member For: 21y 3m 8d Location: Perth WA Posted 14/08/06 07:46 AM Posted 14/08/06 07:46 AM you must have ticked the Drive Line Clùnkê option when buying the car...but seriously if anyone knows a fix lemme know!!
iTec TEAM BA Legacy Donating Member 1,755 Member For: 21y 9m 24d Gender: Male Location: North of The Bridge Posted 14/08/06 07:47 AM Posted 14/08/06 07:47 AM is there any sounds assosiated with it? ie loud clunks or is it just slipping?
LTSBGY Member 259 Member For: 20y 8m 15d Posted 14/08/06 01:49 PM Posted 14/08/06 01:49 PM I have had this problem with my 2004 mk1 xr6t ever since I purchased it a year ago, not sure if it is typical of this breed(shouldnt be). when slowing down in any gear then accelerating again there the car seems to jerk a little as if the diff is worn. ( not the case as the diff has just been replaced by F O R D ). They( ford ) have tried a few things to rectify this problem but to no avail. The mid tailshaft bearings were replaced then the diff. After the diff was replaced the prob seemed to get better but a few k's later and its back the same again. I am just interested if anyone else has experienced this prob and if so how it was rectified.dg246←My car is the same as yours, 2004 mk1 xr6t manual and it does the same thing. I also had the diff fixed twice because of leaks. Its driveline clunk. Cant be fixed. Its annoying but you get used to it and you soon learn how to control the clutch so it minimises the jerking.Nesh
LTS60 They see me rolllin n hatin... Member 427 Member For: 20y 4m 11d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 14/08/06 07:38 PM Posted 14/08/06 07:38 PM My ute is still brandnew just few weeks old and I get a clunks in driveline too its annoying .
Cro Flower Power Legacy Donating Member 6,114 Member For: 23y 11m 22d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 15/08/06 12:40 AM Posted 15/08/06 12:40 AM Get your drive shafts replaced, it'll make it better for a couple of months at least
veczar Gold Platinum Member Member 1,081 Member For: 22y 3m 5d Gender: Male Location: Victoria Posted 15/08/06 01:43 AM Posted 15/08/06 01:43 AM you must have ticked the Drive Line Clùnkê option when buying the car...but seriously if anyone knows a fix lemme know!!←Yeh I thought that was a good option because it was cheaper than the sunroof so I selected it along with prem sound and prem paint. Wish I didnt get it though !
veczar Gold Platinum Member Member 1,081 Member For: 22y 3m 5d Gender: Male Location: Victoria Posted 15/08/06 01:47 AM Posted 15/08/06 01:47 AM I have had this problem with my 2004 mk1 xr6t ever since I purchased it a year ago, not sure if it is typical of this breed(shouldnt be). when slowing down in any gear then accelerating again there the car seems to jerk a little as if the diff is worn. ( not the case as the diff has just been replaced by F O R D ). They( ford ) have tried a few things to rectify this problem but to no avail. The mid tailshaft bearings were replaced then the diff. After the diff was replaced the prob seemed to get better but a few k's later and its back the same again. I am just interested if anyone else has experienced this prob and if so how it was rectified.dg246←My car is the same as yours, 2004 mk1 xr6t manual and it does the same thing. I also had the diff fixed twice because of leaks. Its driveline clunk. Cant be fixed. Its annoying but you get used to it and you soon learn how to control the clutch so it minimises the jerking.Nesh←Yep you do get used of controling it but sumtimes its really hard when you are slowing down to 2nd or 1st gear and needa drive real slow into a left hand turn without stopping.Its fine when your on the power ...
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now