jetute Legacy Donating Member 4,553 Member For: 22y 8m 4d Gender: Male Location: brisbane Posted 10/08/06 10:23 AM Posted 10/08/06 10:23 AM Anyone know what the widest tyre is to fit on the standard 17" rim?? up for new rubber and have no idea on what the biggets tyre is that fits on it. The dunlops have no grip and just keep lighting up when the peddle is pressed down... am thinking of toyos but need to know some sizes.thanks
Cro Flower Power Legacy Donating Member 6,114 Member For: 23y 11m 25d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 10/08/06 11:26 AM Posted 10/08/06 11:26 AM Mate just get some better tyres...Michelin Pilot Preceda 2 are the best tyres you can get for in a 235/45/17 size ($260 a corner).If you want better, upgrade to 18's.Just got to find the buggers....Last time I checked (3 weeks ago), Bob Jane in Davenport had 2 of them, and Quickfit/JAX Tyres had 4 left in the warehouse (now 2 after I bought some).More should be in within 1 month...
jetute Legacy Donating Member 4,553 Member For: 22y 8m 4d Gender: Male Location: brisbane Posted 14/08/06 04:26 AM Author Posted 14/08/06 04:26 AM Mate just get some better tyres...Michelin Pilot Preceda 2 are the best tyres you can get for in a 235/45/17 size ($260 a corner).If you want better, upgrade to 18's.Just got to find the buggers....Last time I checked (3 weeks ago), Bob Jane in Davenport had 2 of them, and Quickfit/JAX Tyres had 4 left in the warehouse (now 2 after I bought some).More should be in within 1 month...←thanks cro.. I will look into these tomorrow... hopefully I can find some at that price
XR6T4ME Member 186 Member For: 23y 1m 14d Location: Melbourne Posted 16/08/06 12:47 PM Posted 16/08/06 12:47 PM I am also looking for a good deal on the Michelin PP2 tyres in 245/40/18 in Melbourne. Can anyone recommend a tyre dealer who has sharp prices on these?Thks
XR6T4ME Member 186 Member For: 23y 1m 14d Location: Melbourne Posted 17/08/06 10:04 AM Posted 17/08/06 10:04 AM Well got some prices today on the Michelin PP2.The best so far without ringing 20 tyre shops:245/40/18 @ $550 each235/40/18 @ $350 each !!! Does that sound right - 10mm for $200 per tyre? They are going on some XR factory 18s so I may have to go with the 235s. Bugger paying $800 for 10mm!
Cro Flower Power Legacy Donating Member 6,114 Member For: 23y 11m 25d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 17/08/06 10:42 AM Posted 17/08/06 10:42 AM For an extra $70 you can get the PS2's
SHOCK Team Grandpa Legacy Donating Member 1,921 Member For: 20y 5m 5d Gender: Male Location: Hunter Valley Posted 17/08/06 10:55 AM Posted 17/08/06 10:55 AM So has anyone got the answer to Jets original question.....I thought it was 275
T007 Woooooooosh Legacy Donating Member 734 Member For: 21y 2m 28d Location: Sydney Posted 17/08/06 11:45 AM Posted 17/08/06 11:45 AM What is the widest tyre you can put on the standard rim
Iconic Bionic My engine bay is Bionic Legacy Donating Member 3,726 Member For: 20y 6m 16d Gender: Male Location: Freeways Posted 05/11/06 09:41 AM Posted 05/11/06 09:41 AM Still no answer. I think its 245 as a bit of a guess.
XR68UZ XR68UZ Legacy Donating Member 732 Member For: 20y 8m 26d Location: Sydney Posted 05/11/06 10:18 AM Posted 05/11/06 10:18 AM my friend fit 255 on his car. it had 17" wheels. but think he said they wore out too quickly.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now