Chooka THE Member Legacy Donating Member 1,210 Member For: 21y 3m 5d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 28/07/06 01:17 AM Posted 28/07/06 01:17 AM that's cheap mate, we used to charge $30 fitted for a headlight globe but we had enough work to tell them to bugger off if they didn't want to pay Chooka
cqae Member 229 Member For: 22y 11m 5d Posted 28/07/06 02:47 AM Author Posted 28/07/06 02:47 AM I never disconnect the battery-hate loosing radio codes, settings, adaptive strageies. nothing worse than fitting a simple globe for a customer then the car wont idle or the radio wont work.I suppose it just takes a bit of practice. I dont have particualrly small hands, its just the way I do it I guess. worse bit is actually unplugging the wires-the rest is easy,a ctually just did mine alst night so am very familiar!
Chooka THE Member Legacy Donating Member 1,210 Member For: 21y 3m 5d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 28/07/06 02:52 AM Posted 28/07/06 02:52 AM I suppose it just takes a bit of practice. I dont have particualrly small hands, its just the way I do it I guess. worse bit is actually unplugging the wires-the rest is easy,a ctually just did mine alst night so am very familiar!←that's it, the first one or two times you do any job are the hardest, then you work out the little knacks that make it easier Chooka
BLK-747 Member 21 Member For: 20y 2m 11d Location: IN TOWN Posted 29/07/06 11:47 AM Posted 29/07/06 11:47 AM (edited) How much do you charge for replacing FOG lights globes me and dad did it today and it was a bugger hard just to put 2 globes in ohwell lolRob.. Edited 29/07/06 11:57 AM by BLK-747
VIBErator Member 35 Member For: 20y 8m 9d Gender: Male Posted 30/07/06 09:08 AM Posted 30/07/06 09:08 AM cqaeI changed mine a half a dozen times in 2 weeks when I first got it experimenting with different globes & got plenty of practice.Did you find any particular globes significantly better? I've got a very long trip coming up, and was considering putting in one of the +50 type globes.Also, where abouts in Melbourne are you? $20 is a very fair price. I think some of your tight ar** customers might have seen some of the Autobarn stores where they offer free fitting.
cqae Member 229 Member For: 22y 11m 5d Posted 30/07/06 12:14 PM Author Posted 30/07/06 12:14 PM I dont have a set charge for fog lights, but have done mine a few times too- I think I would charge around 20-30 bucks for fitting.as far as the globe types, I hav e found the phillips bluevision pretty good. You will find the xrs come standard with hella +50s. When I tried these I found hella ones to have the same markings as the ones I took out from original. I found the bluevisions to be not so much brighter, but a whiter clearer light. I am using these now & think they are pretty good
Turbofalke Member 658 Member For: 21y 10m 26d Location: Mexico Posted 13/08/06 11:59 AM Posted 13/08/06 11:59 AM I just wanted your opinions guys. I am an auto elec in the inner city area of melbourne. In the last few days I have had a few little run ins with fitting headlights to BAs. They have all been driver's side globes, knowing how annoying they are to change I have told my customer, it will be $20 for me to supply & fit a new globe while they wait. 3 times I have been told this is too expensive & they have driven off. I think this is fair & reasonable for a fully qualified auto elec to charge for this I am just wondering what you guys think? I am using good globes which I buy in bulk, not quite your exclusive premium type, but I do stock these & offer them at additional charge. Also I am not just talking XR6s one was the other was a stock falcon & one was a cab.←Mate, I spent hours trying to work out the "smart" way of changing the broken RHS globe. After comming to the conclusion that Ford would not be so stupid to design the replacement arrangement so that you needed to be a 12 year old super child to get your fingers in the back of the light. I decided that surely the logical way was to remove the headlight from the front. 3 bolts I could see - no problem after removing a bit of peripheral plastic - then what do you know - It doesn't come out - must be another bolt somewhere - F*@#d if I can find it........... The bottom line is I've sent you a PM casure I'll pay you $40 to change both and I'll supply the globes.......
cqae Member 229 Member For: 22y 11m 5d Posted 14/08/06 02:25 AM Author Posted 14/08/06 02:25 AM give me a call on 0411 724 979 & we can arrange something. I am just out of the city & dont wirry $40 bucks for both is more than I will charge-just let me know when you are coming in so I can make sure I am around.
Turbofalke Member 658 Member For: 21y 10m 26d Location: Mexico Posted 14/08/06 06:25 AM Posted 14/08/06 06:25 AM Thanks cqae, I'm working very close to a Ford Service dealer, and they have sorted me out. In fact the globes are covered by the warrentee I.e. 100,000kms so there was no charge and its done - took them 15minutes for both. The motorcraft globes are poor quality and appearently they change a lot.I appreciate the offer, you are clearly a good bloke
cqae Member 229 Member For: 22y 11m 5d Posted 14/08/06 11:32 AM Author Posted 14/08/06 11:32 AM yeah no worries mate. But actually the originals in mine were the same as hella plus50 globes I think even the hella globes are manufactured by osram or phillips
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now