mickq Member 740 Member For: 23y 5m 8d Posted 24/07/06 01:32 PM Posted 24/07/06 01:32 PM (edited) Hey all, I managed to lock my keys in the boot a couple of weekends ago. I was down the coast, and my car blocking my parents car in the drive just as we were packing up to go home.....Mum wasnt impressed.....<edit> "and so I decided to try to get in myself...and 7 minutes later I was in". <edit>Et voila, its open, and my parents were very impressed with me What disappoints me is that it was no more difficult to break into than 2 late 1970's-early 80's Honda's I used to drive 10-15 years ago. Sure it would be harder to steal the whole car as starting it is near enough to impossible, but they can fleece eveything inside it with ease - and Ive seen cars lhave their seats and parts of the interior stripped in busy shopping centres!that's pretty disappointing. Its possible to have a secure car that can still be broken in by those with the know or the tools (Jaguars are pretty good) but I am really surprised the door lock on this car was that easy. Obviously Ford decided to forget about interior security and rely completely on trying to stop full car theft via a key with embedded electronic security features. Edited 25/07/06 01:37 PM by GlennAUII
phantomchic Just because it is, doesn't mean it should be..... Legacy Donating Member 14,092 Member For: 22y 18d Gender: Female Location: Noosa QLD Posted 24/07/06 01:55 PM Posted 24/07/06 01:55 PM I agree that's a bit scarey in this day and age shazzy
mickq Member 740 Member For: 23y 5m 8d Posted 24/07/06 02:09 PM Author Posted 24/07/06 02:09 PM Hey Glenn, if you want to edit it for that reason, fine, but at least ENSURE WHAT YOU LEAVE MAKES SOME SENSE. Read it from the start until you get to the Does that make sense to you? In the effort to reduce the chance someone might copy what I did, you left the whole post totally nonsensical and effectively useless. You could at least have taken the time to edit it properly, given I took the time to write it properly. There would not have been any problem if you had written a shortened version such as "and so I decided to try to get in myself...and 7 minutes later I was in". That doesnt give anything away to anybody except it DOES convey the main thing that concerned me and the main reason I created this thread. A little more care with your editing next time, eh?I hope you have the sense to leave this part here, and hold off pressing that edit button...
veczar Gold Platinum Member Member 1,081 Member For: 22y 3m 4d Gender: Male Location: Victoria Posted 24/07/06 02:26 PM Posted 24/07/06 02:26 PM I agree taking the details away but it didn't make a lot of sense. Not hard to find out either just get a Ford guy to show you his tool and hes in in 1 min! what about the secure glovebox
JBomb3000 Legacy Donating Member 875 Member For: 20y 10m 10d Gender: Male Location: Victoria Posted 24/07/06 09:42 PM Posted 24/07/06 09:42 PM I agree that's a bit scarey in this day and age shazzy←You think that's scary, a work mate locked the keys in one of our 2001 model Toyota Hilux's and jokeingly said I wonder if any of the keys from the other hilux's would open it. So we tried, and it did . No way it would start it though we thought. WRONG . Once we had the keys out we tried the reverse on the other ute and same thing, able to both unlock and start it.Not very impresive for a 2001 model. How about a big clap for Toyota
thebrunks Member 665 Member For: 22y 2m 20d Location: Gold Coast Posted 24/07/06 10:11 PM Posted 24/07/06 10:11 PM I can't see what all the fuss is, locks only keep honest thieves out.It's a car, not a safe!A brick is the quickest way to get into it...lol
Chooka THE Member Legacy Donating Member 1,210 Member For: 21y 2m 25d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 24/07/06 10:23 PM Posted 24/07/06 10:23 PM I can't see what all the fuss is, locks only keep honest thieves out.It's a car, not a safe!A brick is the quickest way to get into it...lol← Not a truer word has been spoken! Chooka
Fat-Tony Legacy Donating Member 5,364 Member For: 20y 6m 9d Posted 25/07/06 12:23 AM Posted 25/07/06 12:23 AM I happen to know that keys for a ford courier are interchagable, will open the doors, and even crank the engine over but if its the wrong key it will not start. though its not always the case. Ohhh and my last car, jeep wrangler, soft top with zipers on the side lol that was so secure
rs2000 Member 259 Member For: 23y 4m 16d Location: riddells creek Posted 25/07/06 12:23 AM Posted 25/07/06 12:23 AM You think that's scary, a work mate locked the keys in one of our 2001 model Toyota Hilux's and jokeingly said I wonder if any of the keys from the other hilux's would open it. So we tried, and it did . No way it would start it though we thought. WRONG . Once we had the keys out we tried the reverse on the other ute and same thing, able to both unlock and start it.Not very impresive for a 2001 model. How about a big clap for Toyota ←it's fairly common for toyota to have duplicate keys. have a look at the keys and they will have the same key numbers stamped..
GlennAUII Former XT pilot Legacy Donating Member 4,791 Member For: 23y 2m 7d Gender: Male Location: The Womb Posted 25/07/06 05:44 AM Posted 25/07/06 05:44 AM Hey Glenn, if you want to edit it for that reason, fine, but at least ENSURE WHAT YOU LEAVE MAKES SOME SENSE. Read it from the start until you get to the Does that make sense to you? In the effort to reduce the chance someone might copy what I did, you left the whole post totally nonsensical and effectively useless. You could at least have taken the time to edit it properly, given I took the time to write it properly. There would not have been any problem if you had written a shortened version such as "and so I decided to try to get in myself...and 7 minutes later I was in". That doesnt give anything away to anybody except it DOES convey the main thing that concerned me and the main reason I created this thread. A little more care with your editing next time, eh?I hope you have the sense to leave this part here, and hold off pressing that edit button...←Edit it to make sense yourself. I just removed the stuff that said how to break into a falcon which was the part I had a problem with. I won't put words in your mouth to make the post make sense.
Recommended Posts