PepeLePew Uncle Bulgaria was gender challenged Member 208 Member For: 22y 5m 14d Gender: Male Location: Gawler Posted 16/07/06 12:18 AM Posted 16/07/06 12:18 AM As an LS1'er from prior I can vouch for the private forum being a VERY quiet place, not much really gets posted up....Just the odd sticky question that may have legal or other ramifications....creates a lot of excitement in those that WANT to see it but little interest in those that can!
Adam Here since the start... Legacy Donating Member 10,282 Member For: 23y 5m 8d Gender: Male Location: Victoria Posted 16/07/06 12:19 AM Posted 16/07/06 12:19 AM A bit like our current donating members forum.
JimmyXR6T04 Member 1,299 Member For: 21y 3m 14d Location: Canberra Posted 16/07/06 12:24 AM Posted 16/07/06 12:24 AM (edited) How would you stop them if they owned a XR6T as well as being payed by Ford.......????←By the term Validate, I think it's literaly where the member is met by a reputable member OR a mod(there is a difference ), face to face, it is identified who they actually are, where they work, live, shoe size, mother's maiden name, etc.Rob← that sounds more in depth then my recently completed Top Secret Security clearance I can see the headlines... fordxr6turbo.com more highly protected then Department of Foreign Affairs, Parliament House and other Government Establishments \"Validated" members would need to have a sit down interview type meeting and sign a decleration that they are not ford *beep*, whereby giving us members permission to place their *beep* in a vice and slowly close it until they pop if they are found to be a rat edit.. I didn't realise that n a z I s was a "beep" word... whats this world coming too??? Edited 16/07/06 12:28 AM by JimmyXR6T04
ENVY-T CNUTOX Legacy Donating Member 3,098 Member For: 23y 8m 28d Gender: Male Location: Not sure? Posted 16/07/06 01:08 AM Posted 16/07/06 01:08 AM Jesus Mr X, do you work for Ford??Just look at all the terrorist attacks in the impenertrable (sp?) parts of the world. If some wa*ker can fly a plain into a US building and go through 5 years of planning without being discovered, how easy do you think it would be for Ford to find out about our cars.I could probably get all your mailing and phone details, within 2 phone calls, if I had your number plates.I agree with Adam, just scrub the plates, it's a courtesy thing.
Ninka Legacy Donating Member 1,850 Member For: 23y 9m 10d Gender: Male Location: Perth, WA Posted 16/07/06 01:52 AM Posted 16/07/06 01:52 AM I think a 'validated' section is a good idea, but for different reasons.The answer to the fear of being detected by Ford is really simple:blink: Don't try to claim warranty on damage relating to modificatios, and Ford will probably be more reasonable as well.Over time, the amount of people on this forum who have had damage as a result of modifications, and have tried to claim this as a warrantable claim is increadible, and I understand Ford from a business perspective, as every $$ thay have to honour under warranty, comes out of their profit.If you modify ANY part of your driveline, expect a fight if trying to claim warranty, even if it only an exhaust, CAI or other 'minor' mod.Sorry for the rant, but I just get sick of people expecting others to take responsibility for their actions - YOU PLAY - YOU PAY.If you can't afford it, dont modify until your warranty expires, simple really
Fat-Tony Legacy Donating Member 5,364 Member For: 20y 6m 13d Posted 16/07/06 02:03 AM Posted 16/07/06 02:03 AM one problem with a validated members section, you post the pics on the forums for all the forum members to see, wtf is the point in posting them only in a section where a select few can see the pics, ahhh I would think that in this senerio which just occured that the members of the validated section would have also been present at teh BVW2 so wats the point of the section. Scrub your plates and you dont have a problem, ford can call up all my details from my plates when I book it in of for a service. Just much the same as name and address of people can be found from a mobile phone number or a land line. The information is out there its just a matter of knowing how to go about to find it, we live in a computer age you old bastards
saleen Big Gun Legacy Donating Member 4,170 Member For: 23y 11m 23d Gender: Male Location: NSW Posted 16/07/06 04:18 AM Posted 16/07/06 04:18 AM Just get over 100,000km like I have and warranty headaches are gone. Car is maintained by a fleet company. eeyaaaaah.
JBomb3000 Legacy Donating Member 875 Member For: 20y 10m 13d Gender: Male Location: Victoria Posted 16/07/06 04:26 AM Posted 16/07/06 04:26 AM A bit like our current donating members forum.←Where is the donating members forum?
Adam Here since the start... Legacy Donating Member 10,282 Member For: 23y 5m 8d Gender: Male Location: Victoria Posted 16/07/06 04:28 AM Posted 16/07/06 04:28 AM A bit like our current donating members forum.←Where is the donating members forum?←Donating Members Forum
JB Forum Superhero Legacy Donating Member 3,109 Member For: 22y 10m 7d Location: Eastern Suburbs of Mexico Posted 16/07/06 04:43 AM Posted 16/07/06 04:43 AM How would you stop them if they owned a XR6T as well as being payed by Ford.......????←By the term Validate, I think it's literaly where the member is met by a reputable member OR a mod(there is a difference ), face to face, it is identified who they actually are, where they work, live, shoe size, mother's maiden name, etc.Rob←I will never reveal my true identity! I ain't taking this cape off for no-one!
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now