jetute Legacy Donating Member 4,553 Member For: 22y 8m 4d Gender: Male Location: brisbane Posted 10/07/06 09:49 AM Posted 10/07/06 09:49 AM On a stock exhaust and looking to get say 250-270rwkw, how many of these would you need?Scotty←none
Kimberley Scott www.australianflag.org.au Legacy Donating Member 6,763 Member For: 21y 2m 18d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 10/07/06 10:33 AM Posted 10/07/06 10:33 AM On a stock exhaust and looking to get say 250-270rwkw, how many of these would you need?Scotty←none ←I know mate, I dont want to push standard parts, plus I like the added bonus of some variety for a tuner ie earlier spool up for ealier boost.I want to limit the the rwkw, for a couple of reason, ie not having to upgrade gearbox and clutch componenets, leaving the standard 17" inch wheels and just running some decent wheels, and last but not least, I dont want to spend a fortune on brakes, just some slotted rotors brake lines and better pads and fluid. For this figuere I think a wog cooler bigger injectors, 2nd CAI and magic or metal cat and hot dogs instead of centre mufler would let someone like RDP or the Wog give me a good graph around 250-270rwkw.Scotty
jetute Legacy Donating Member 4,553 Member For: 22y 8m 4d Gender: Male Location: brisbane Posted 10/07/06 10:35 AM Posted 10/07/06 10:35 AM On a stock exhaust and looking to get say 250-270rwkw, how many of these would you need?Scotty←none ←I know mate, I dont want to push standard parts, plus I like the added bonus of some variety for a tuner ie earlier spool up for ealier boost.I want to limit the the rwkw, for a couple of reason, ie not having to upgrade gearbox and clutch componenets, leaving the standard 17" inch wheels and just running some decent wheels, and last but not least, I dont want to spend a fortune on brakes, just some slotted rotors brake lines and better pads and fluid. For this figuere I think a wog cooler bigger injectors, 2nd CAI and magic or metal cat and hot dogs instead of centre mufler would let someone like RDP or the Wog give me a good graph around 250-270rwkw.Scotty←fair enough
SHOCK Team Grandpa Legacy Donating Member 1,921 Member For: 20y 5m 5d Gender: Male Location: Hunter Valley Posted 10/07/06 10:41 AM Posted 10/07/06 10:41 AM On a stock exhaust and looking to get say 250-270rwkw, how many of these would you need?Scotty←none ←I know mate, I dont want to push standard parts, plus I like the added bonus of some variety for a tuner ie earlier spool up for ealier boost.I want to limit the the rwkw, for a couple of reason, ie not having to upgrade gearbox and clutch componenets, leaving the standard 17" inch wheels and just running some decent wheels, and last but not least, I dont want to spend a fortune on brakes, just some slotted rotors brake lines and better pads and fluid. For this figuere I think a wog cooler bigger injectors, 2nd CAI and magic or metal cat and hot dogs instead of centre mufler would let someone like RDP or the Wog give me a good graph around 250-270rwkw.Scotty←I guess you 'd be putting an edit and cus tune in there somewhere Scotty???Should get those figure easy from what Ive read. Get a lend of the Mrs's purse mate????
Kimberley Scott www.australianflag.org.au Legacy Donating Member 6,763 Member For: 21y 2m 18d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 10/07/06 11:44 AM Posted 10/07/06 11:44 AM On a stock exhaust and looking to get say 250-270rwkw, how many of these would you need?Scotty←none ←I know mate, I dont want to push standard parts, plus I like the added bonus of some variety for a tuner ie earlier spool up for ealier boost.I want to limit the the rwkw, for a couple of reason, ie not having to upgrade gearbox and clutch componenets, leaving the standard 17" inch wheels and just running some decent wheels, and last but not least, I dont want to spend a fortune on brakes, just some slotted rotors brake lines and better pads and fluid. For this figuere I think a wog cooler bigger injectors, 2nd CAI and magic or metal cat and hot dogs instead of centre mufler would let someone like RDP or the Wog give me a good graph around 250-270rwkw.Scotty←I guess you 'd be putting an edit and cus tune in there somewhere Scotty???Should get those figure easy from what Ive read. Get a lend of the Mrs's purse mate????←It will be done incrementally, first sway bars, then brakes, then pick up the parts (Coler, Injectors, exhaust parts and 2nd CAI and K&N) and then RDP or an Edit in the hands of the wog.Scotty
SHOCK Team Grandpa Legacy Donating Member 1,921 Member For: 20y 5m 5d Gender: Male Location: Hunter Valley Posted 10/07/06 11:58 AM Posted 10/07/06 11:58 AM On a stock exhaust and looking to get say 250-270rwkw, how many of these would you need?Scotty←none ←I know mate, I dont want to push standard parts, plus I like the added bonus of some variety for a tuner ie earlier spool up for ealier boost.I want to limit the the rwkw, for a couple of reason, ie not having to upgrade gearbox and clutch componenets, leaving the standard 17" inch wheels and just running some decent wheels, and last but not least, I dont want to spend a fortune on brakes, just some slotted rotors brake lines and better pads and fluid. For this figuere I think a wog cooler bigger injectors, 2nd CAI and magic or metal cat and hot dogs instead of centre mufler would let someone like RDP or the Wog give me a good graph around 250-270rwkw.Scotty←I guess you 'd be putting an edit and cus tune in there somewhere Scotty???Should get those figure easy from what Ive read. Get a lend of the Mrs's purse mate????←It will be done incrementally, first sway bars, then brakes, then pick up the parts (Coler, Injectors, exhaust parts and 2nd CAI and K&N) and then RDP or an Edit in the hands of the wog.Scotty←Why dont you put your hand up for the first guinea pig at FIST mate?Im sure these guys will keep up the good standard no probs
Kimberley Scott www.australianflag.org.au Legacy Donating Member 6,763 Member For: 21y 2m 18d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 10/07/06 12:01 PM Posted 10/07/06 12:01 PM I dont know mate, I know on this forum that this will not go down well, but I am not convinced that the edit is all that it is craked up to be. The RDP system to me, and I am only a lay person, appears to be a better option.Scotty
SHOCK Team Grandpa Legacy Donating Member 1,921 Member For: 20y 5m 5d Gender: Male Location: Hunter Valley Posted 10/07/06 12:32 PM Posted 10/07/06 12:32 PM I dont know mate, I know on this forum that this will not go down well, but I am not convinced that the edit is all that it is craked up to be. The RDP system to me, and I am only a lay person, appears to be a better option.Scotty←To be trueful Scotty, I'll need to talk to Steve, as I'm still not sure of the diffrence on his package compared to FIST , didnt know there was one......cheersDumb Fuc
Fat-Tony Legacy Donating Member 5,364 Member For: 20y 6m 14d Posted 10/07/06 01:23 PM Posted 10/07/06 01:23 PM I think I would sooner trust an edit rather than a powerchip
Kimberley Scott www.australianflag.org.au Legacy Donating Member 6,763 Member For: 21y 2m 18d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 10/07/06 09:34 PM Posted 10/07/06 09:34 PM I think I would sooner trust an edit rather than a powerchip←Mate this has been covered enough, do a search and read if you are interested. If you re read my post, I have said that I think the RDP system is a better option. I am by no means bagging the Edit, in the hands of a good and responsible tuner then they are an excellent tool in being able to achieve great results. They are readily available, relitively cheap and do a great job. It is no wonder they sell so well. But does that make them the absolute best option?Sorry mate if this thread has gone off topic, I apprreciate the original post, and for us that have problems squeezing the cash out of the other halves, bargins brought to our attention can only be a good thing.Scotty
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now