shockwave Member 129 Member For: 22y 3m 20d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 05/07/06 10:07 AM Posted 05/07/06 10:07 AM Well, interesting news. Got some noise at the rear for some time now (hollow knocking sort of sound over undulations - hard to explain). Went for a test drive under warranty and they mentioned its a known issue and they're replacing the rear shockers with new ones. I've only got about 30K on the dial.Have you guys had similar problems with the shockers?
drcook Member 752 Member For: 22y 1m 22d Location: leonay Posted 06/07/06 02:53 AM Posted 06/07/06 02:53 AM no. when new the car had a squeek over undulations in the road, which ended up being a un-lubed badly fitted rubber in the suspension but I havent heard of shock defects.
Revved Member 59 Member For: 20y 3m 10d Posted 06/07/06 05:00 AM Posted 06/07/06 05:00 AM I have mine is doing it now, I got it back from gettin the diff fixed and they brok my shockies lol. its not heaps bad I can still drive, it it bad though coming out of drive ways with dips in them, spoon drains etc..
ukarnm Member 12 Member For: 20y 4m 21d Posted 06/07/06 05:09 AM Posted 06/07/06 05:09 AM I have had a Knocking Sound that has had us Stumped.for 6 Months.I was beginning to think I was the only Ba with this Problem.I shall investigate the Shocks.cheers
God666 Complete Bastard Legacy Donating Member 1,123 Member For: 22y 10m 7d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 06/07/06 07:57 AM Posted 06/07/06 07:57 AM Yep, mine has that knocking noise in the rear over corrugations, but only from the right hand side. I suspected shockies but have not investigated. Been doing it for a couple of weeks now, has 112,000 km on it.
Adrian6T T.P.I.S. Legacy Donating Member 2,578 Member For: 21y 10m 8d Gender: Male Location: SoR, WA Posted 06/07/06 08:17 AM Posted 06/07/06 08:17 AM Guys ive got it too and so did a friend in a GT-P and once change with bilstiens is suddenly stopped.I put it down to Ford crap cheap ass shockies.
fpv4me Member 14 Member For: 21y 10m 27d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 06/07/06 01:15 PM Posted 06/07/06 01:15 PM Hi Guys,Ive had a rear diff clunky type sound for a while(r/h side)also,- found o/s lower suspension arm bush had failed;located at rear r/h side,- looking through your actual wheel you will notice the colprit-Of course this may not be the colprit in other cases, but just notifying others....
ukarnm Member 12 Member For: 20y 4m 21d Posted 08/07/06 12:43 PM Posted 08/07/06 12:43 PM I had Clunking Diff as well it need to be fully rebuilt fortunately itwas covered by warranty.I have just got to resolve this Knocking Sound (ie Shocks?)then she will be sweet.
shockwave Member 129 Member For: 22y 3m 20d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 02/08/06 12:05 PM Author Posted 02/08/06 12:05 PM I can tell you all that I had new shockers put in by Ford under warranty and ABSOLUTELY NO DIFFERENCE! Must be some suspension bush.
XRSICKT Member 1,032 Member For: 23y 5m 26d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 02/08/06 12:37 PM Posted 02/08/06 12:37 PM I did when the BA was new but it went away after a month or so
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now