killer Member 46 Member For: 22y 9m 16d Location: sydney Posted 03/07/06 01:02 PM Posted 03/07/06 01:02 PM Has anybody priced the pirelli pzero tyres lately to fit 18 inch rims.I can't find much on google inthe way of costings.ThanxKILLER
Antisocial Weird Member Member 1,347 Member For: 23y 8m 4d Location: ACT Posted 03/07/06 01:47 PM Posted 03/07/06 01:47 PM Cue Cro the Michelin Man in 3....2....1....
Cro Flower Power Legacy Donating Member 6,114 Member For: 23y 11m 27d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 03/07/06 11:32 PM Posted 03/07/06 11:32 PM lolAlthough the P Zero Nero's are a much better tyre than most manufacturers offer;They are bloody noisyButter up in the dryFor the same price you could bargin yourself some Michelin Pilot Sport 2's....Or Michelin Pilot Preceda 2 if you wanted a cheaper option.Both these tyres are better than the P Zero Nero.The pirelli didn't even last 6,000kms on my car cause they were crap comparitively. I'm just lucky someone wanted to buy them off me...
bangm001 Member 307 Member For: 20y 10m 1d Posted 04/07/06 12:06 AM Posted 04/07/06 12:06 AM Yeah id agree, althouth I havnt had them first hand, there are many bad (or not too appealing) things said about this tyre. Try Michelin PS or PP2Dunlop SP sports Maxx (just put these on the Phoon and they hold brilliantly, still a little noisy but nowhere as much as the SP9000s). And the reason I went these was I was told by a few dealers in SA that Michelin are withholding the release of the PP2s as they want to get rid of the PP1 stock first, so I basically couldnt get them at this very moment..Just a pic of me new Maxxs. 245/40 18 . Paid 379 a piece. (Few quotes were up to 460 each! So I did well).
Iconic Bionic My engine bay is Bionic Legacy Donating Member 3,726 Member For: 20y 6m 18d Gender: Male Location: Freeways Posted 04/07/06 01:11 AM Posted 04/07/06 01:11 AM Prices of tyres are rarely published cause the sellers want you to get in touch with them in order to give them the oppertunity to up sell them or another of there products to you. Its all BS tactics.The internet should have elimnated this crap but it hasnt and we are all left with the phone around.
Turbo6man Legacy Donating Member 4,084 Member For: 23y 11m 27d Gender: Male Location: South Coast NSW Posted 04/07/06 03:43 AM Posted 04/07/06 03:43 AM Has anybody priced the pirelli pzero tyres lately to fit 18 inch rims.I can't find much on google inthe way of costings.ThanxKILLER←I've just taken my P Zero Neros off the road. 235/40/18 on 8"rims on my T3. The fronts are still servicable with about 1.5mm tread left to the wear markers but the backs are down to the wear markers and it was getting a bit taily even in the dry. I got just 23,000km from them which is about average for the way I use them. By comparison the Dunlop SP9000 gave me 27,000km, Kumho Ectra 712s 25,000km, Dunlop LM 702s just 20,000km and Sumitomo HTRZ IIs gave me 30,000km. The Pirellis were the best tyre for grip and predictability throughout the whole tyre life. Closely followed by the Dunlop LM702s. The Sumitomos aquaplaned autrociously if you even glanced sideways at a puddle but were OK on wet roads generally. The Kumhos were nothing special but good value for money. The SP 9000s are excellent in straight line accelleration but only perform 'till their half worn out and then they go away terribly.I'm glad I got them on special though at about $360 per tyre instead of their normal retail (don't even ask!). They have worn very evenly across the tread and I run 40 psi front/35psi rear. Their grip was superb in all conditions - I simply couldn't fault them. Even worn down as low as they are now the front end of the car sticks like glue and the back only lets go because I can't resist temptation.As for them being noisy - IMO if you can't hear your tyres screaming for mercy you aren't trying hard enough! I haven't decided on what to replace the Pirellis with yet - I'm just running a set of nearly worn out tyres on 17" rims at the moment to get me through the rest of the winter. I'm considering Nangkangs (NSIIs) because I've been very impressed with how they perform on my daughter's AU ute and they are the right price.
Chooka THE Member Legacy Donating Member 1,210 Member For: 21y 3m 2d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 04/07/06 03:48 AM Posted 04/07/06 03:48 AM Cue Cro the Michelin Man in 3....2....1....← Chooka
snail Member 83 Member For: 21y 2m 11d Location: Perth WA Posted 04/07/06 10:47 AM Posted 04/07/06 10:47 AM Don't know about the Pirellis but the Goodyear Eagle F1's I've just put on the rears are supurb! 18" $380 each + hold the road like glue....280 treadwear, AA traction and A heat.....sooooooo much better than the Dunlops and I don't have to weat ear muffs when the windows down!Got to love that!Snail
killer Member 46 Member For: 22y 9m 16d Location: sydney Posted 04/07/06 11:18 AM Author Posted 04/07/06 11:18 AM Thanks for the info guys. You have given me quite a bit to think about.Just looking for something that wont let go all the time after 3500 rpmIt's a tad annoying having to feather the loud pedal when the need for speed arises ---- especially when a ricer with an exhaust pipe that iswider than his d-ck is long wants to challenge you.KILLER
Turbo6man Legacy Donating Member 4,084 Member For: 23y 11m 27d Gender: Male Location: South Coast NSW Posted 04/07/06 11:49 AM Posted 04/07/06 11:49 AM Thanks for the info guys. You have given me quite a bit to think about.Just looking for something that wont let go all the time after 3500 rpmIt's a tad annoying having to feather the loud pedal when the need for speed arises ---- especially when a ricer with an exhaust pipe that iswider than his d-ck is long wants to challenge you.KILLER←I don't think you'll find any tyres that will cope with WOT at the power level you are running. My suggestion is to trade up to a Territory AWD and fit your Stage III kit to it - should sort your traction issues adequately.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now