Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Im the one and only
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 21y 8m 26d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: In my house
Posted

Hey peoples

My mum just took delivery of a new Territory Ghia and when I seen it I popped the bonnet to have a look at the engine bay and the engine cover looks like it has had something sprayed on it and the plenum as well cause it has attacked the paint on the engine cover and stained the head and plenum and other alloy parts of the engine bay.

Is this normal cause it looks shiit house and looks like acid that's done it.My car is nearly 3 years old and it looks beeter under the hood than this.

Whats everyones thoughts :pinch:

  • Colossal Member
  • Member
  • Member For: 22y 1m 9d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Perth, WA
Posted

Possible a water hose or radiator tank has split?? Its common with these engines... I have had 2 new radiators in mine since new.

Take it back for sure, that isnt good enough at all for a new car... oh and :pinch:

  • Im the one and only
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 21y 8m 26d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: In my house
Posted

Its got like 20km on the clock.Oh its a black Ghia and I will posts some pics tommorrow :pinch:

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 20y 6m 12d
Posted (edited)

If its white crap dots everywhere its collant, I had a spankers xr8 in at work other day with like 2km on the clock I looked under the car to see wat was leaking, Coolant. Looked like it was comming out on top of the motor somewhere, lucky we send the cars back to dealers via tow truck, and yeh had all white dots everywhere under the bonnet, and coolant that wasnt also dried up.

Edited by Fattony
  • Im the one and only
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 21y 8m 26d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: In my house
Posted

Mum went in and they said OH that's NORMAL.Fuucking idiots.I cant stand ford service :pinch:

Oh and thanks for the replies guys

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 22y 2m 11d
  • Location: Sydney
Posted

When I had my "peace of mind" 1500 Km service, mine came back with the coolant sprayed everywhere in the engine bay. I didn't notice it until it had dried (white). Green coolant on Envi paint isn't that obvious.

I believe that the service technician LOL unscrewed the reserviour cap when the engine was still too hot :thumbsup:

  • F6+300+
  • Member
  • Member For: 21y 10m 25d
  • Location: In The Ute
Posted
ddata dotting?

that's what it sounds like to me also!! without the stutter.

Anyone know if the Territory Ghia has DataDot??

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...