Duc21 Member 110 Member For: 20y 9m 24d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 07/12/06 06:17 AM Posted 07/12/06 06:17 AM Hi allLooking at upgrading my throttle body to a SS Inductions 75mm unit. Has anyone mad this change by itself so you know exactly what the power gain was like ???Steve
Guest Guests Posted 07/12/06 11:43 AM Posted 07/12/06 11:43 AM (edited) Did it a 2 years ago, very happy with it expect a small gains up high but a bigger gain down low. Responce is the big winner with this mod. Nice looking product the SS inductions Throttle body very cool and its one of the few products on the market for the N/A.A bit pricey the Throttle body for the gain (just my thinking, and I'd still but it again), try the group buy on under drives for about the same gain at 1/2 the cost.Hope this helps. NOSXRBTW nice rims what are they??? Edited 07/12/06 11:44 AM by NOS XR
falconutebeast Member 196 Member For: 20y 4m 23d Location: Sydney, Bankstown Posted 08/12/06 02:30 AM Posted 08/12/06 02:30 AM yeah it gives much better throttle response, I got mine of ebay so it was cheaper. about a year ago, you can get from another company half the price of ss, if I knew that then I would have bought it from them.
eMPee Member 247 Member For: 22y 7m 3d Location: Sydney Posted 08/12/06 06:57 AM Posted 08/12/06 06:57 AM Whats the name and approx price of the cheaper throttle body?
falconutebeast Member 196 Member For: 20y 4m 23d Location: Sydney, Bankstown Posted 08/12/06 08:00 AM Posted 08/12/06 08:00 AM I thought btp did it, but I just looked at the site and they dont do it. opps sorry to get your hopes up. :(
Duc21 Member 110 Member For: 20y 9m 24d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 09/12/06 08:48 AM Posted 09/12/06 08:48 AM Hey NOSXRThe rims are a Lenso Muse copy..... Scored em off a guy on Boostcruising for $550 for the set ;-)Steve
Guest Guests Posted 10/12/06 05:36 AM Posted 10/12/06 05:36 AM Hey NOSXRThe rims are a Lenso Muse copy..... Scored em off a guy on Boostcruising for $550 for the set ;-)SteveNice rims, sweat price, good work Steve.I was sure BPT made those TB's maybe they stopped.
HellionXR6T I'm Back!! Thats right, long over due! :) Legacy Donating Member 4,348 Member For: 23y 11m 7d Gender: Male Location: West Brisbane Posted 27/12/06 03:24 PM Posted 27/12/06 03:24 PM Duc21, is this a viable option, (bang for buck)? couple kw gain and that's about it. Up to you. I remember being talked out of it by a reliable source.
Guest Guests Posted 27/12/06 11:17 PM Posted 27/12/06 11:17 PM Bang for buck, me thinks not more like when theres nothing left to do kind of mod.When I went it there wasn't many mods out there. Not saying its crap it works just 1/2 the power gain stated by the seller. It looks awsome if that helps.
Doogstar Member 276 Member For: 19y 9m 14d Posted 28/12/06 12:19 PM Posted 28/12/06 12:19 PM Bang for buck, me thinks not more like when theres nothing left to do kind of mod.When I went it there wasn't many mods out there. Not saying its crap it works just 1/2 the power gain stated by the seller. It looks awsome if that helps.←Totally agree, it will be one of the last things I add-on. I believe you can use an XR8 TB, if you can find one from the wreckers it could be a cheaper option.AFAIK BPT do make a larger TB for the Barra I6, it is not listed on the site, cost is about $290.IMHO you need to be getting more air to the TB to justify putting a larger TB on, probably better off investing in a better CAI first.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now