Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Team Grandpa
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 20y 4m 30d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Hunter Valley
Posted

People,

As shown in a few threads I did my first dyno on Sat at Redcliff Dydo, cheers to everybody involved :spoton: Results below.

Got a call from my mate in Adelaide wanting the score. He said it was reasonable for a stocky (Ive lifted the bonnet to change the wiper washers only). He reckons it means sh*t if I cant run a decent 1/4 mile. Having the odd punt now and again, myself and my mate bartered a reasonable result for me to acheive for $100.

I'd like you guys to have an opinion on what you thinks acheivable from this dyno sheet if possible. I'll keep the target to myself and wait for your responses.

Its a BF 6 speed auto ute totally stock from the factory. Ive never done a time before.....

As I mentioned, I've been known to have a punt or three. If there is enough interest we could do a closest to the mark with winner take all from the forum.

cheers in advance

Johno

post-8623-1148173229_thumb.jpg

  • Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

  • Here since the start...
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 5m 3d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Victoria
Posted

This will be interesting...

I can't recall any results from a XR6T with a ZF auto, just F6's.

I'll guess around 14-14.5 seconds.

  • CNUTOX
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 8m 23d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Not sure?
Posted
This will be interesting...

I can't recall any results from a XR6T with a ZF auto, just F6's.

I'll guess around 14-14.5 seconds.

If my 192 rwkw stock 4 speed auto can get 13.9, then you should be able to break a 14sec timeslip. Should being the opertive word.

If you drive like some members and pull 18 sec qtrs with 300+ atw or try to engage reverse halfway down the track or just drive like TAB in general, then we will all laugh! :spoton::spoton:

  • Seriously Flukey Member
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 22y 6m 8d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne
Posted
This will be interesting...

I can't recall any results from a XR6T with a ZF auto, just F6's.

I'll guess around 14-14.5 seconds.

:spoton:

  • Member
  • Member For: 20y 9m 23d
Posted

With your rear tyre pressures at 25psi, A reasonable b/out, stall to around 2 - 2 1/2, the car in 'sports mode' dont manually shift, using high octane, :spoton: And a temp of less than 15degrees, you should be good for a 14.1 at 100mph... Ha ha, this thread is gonna be a laugh!

  • Here since the start...
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 5m 3d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Victoria
Posted
This will be interesting...

I can't recall any results from a XR6T with a ZF auto, just F6's.

I'll guess around 14-14.5 seconds.

If my 192 rwkw stock 4 speed auto can get 13.9, then you should be able to break a 14sec timeslip. Should being the opertive word.

Don't forget it's a ute.

  • No V6 for me thanks!!
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 21y 1m 23d
  • Location: Newcastle
Posted
With your rear tyre pressures at 25psi, A reasonable b/out, stall to around 2 - 2 1/2, the car in 'sports mode' dont manually shift, using high octane,  :spoton: And a temp of less than 15degrees, you should be good for a 14.1 at 100mph... Ha ha, this thread is gonna be a laugh!

Don't forget to load up your suspension with your hand brake engaged ready for a quick release. maybe a 13.9.

  • Member
  • Member For: 22y 5m 12d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Gold Coast
Posted
This will be interesting...

I can't recall any results from a XR6T with a ZF auto, just F6's.

I'll guess around 14-14.5 seconds.

If my 192 rwkw stock 4 speed auto can get 13.9, then you should be able to break a 14sec timeslip. Should being the opertive word.

Don't forget it's a ute.

Id say if everything turns out perfect (nice cool weather and good traction etc)when you race it you could get a 14.0 or even a high 13. My ute (BA series 1 Auto) when nearly stock except for a k&n and cai had a best of 14.1 @100 with 188rwkw, but that time was in winter and dyno run in november

Shane

  • Team Grandpa
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 20y 4m 30d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Hunter Valley
Posted

Cheers Lads,

The time required is 14.3.

I wanted higher but my mate wanted 14.1 so we agreed in between.

So I will need some tips from experienced auto dragers.

Whats with the traction control..off?...on?

Havent heard of the handbrake one?

Manual mode or let the 6 speed do its work?

Where can I do do this...Willowbank?

When are green people like me allowed on this track? If at all?

If we a having a book your time selection will have to be 2 decimal points.

I'll start with the first bet .........14.29

The winner should donate a certain amount to this forum...bring it on :spoton:

Johno

  • Here since the start...
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 5m 3d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Victoria
Posted
Cheers Lads,

The time required is 14.3.

I wanted higher but my mate wanted 14.1 so we agreed in between.

So I will need some tips from experienced auto dragers.

Whats with the traction control..off?...on?

Leave it off. Can you get TC in a ute now?

Havent heard of the handbrake one?

Some people hold the handbrake on so you can stall it up a bit higher without moving.

Manual mode or let the 6 speed do its work?

I'd try all 3 methods to see which one works best.

Send a PM to Habib, he might be able to give you a bit of trick with the ZF auto, something about stalling it up in second and then changing back to first. I know Geea does the same thing but he does it via an electronic shift kit.

I think 14.3 is possible. :spoton:

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...