xxr64t XXR.64T Legacy Donating Member 560 Member For: 21y 4m 9d Gender: Male Location: sydney's east!!! Posted 17/05/06 09:59 AM Posted 17/05/06 09:59 AM Hey guyssince ive had my car ive noticed that when putting it in2 reverse it takes a little time ie 3 sec or so to register and shift. When I do reverse b4 it shifts it gives a big jolt. I gave it 2 my mechanic and he said its weird aswell. In drive its fine no dramas.So I took it 2 ford 2day to see if theres anything wrong coz its still under warranty, and he said its normal . Just wondering if it happens to any1 else.cheerssteven
muzza420 Member 412 Member For: 21y 4m 19d Posted 17/05/06 10:05 AM Posted 17/05/06 10:05 AM normal my one shifts back pretty quick .. does take it very lil time but noway 3 secs.Muzza
DaveO Member 250 Member For: 23y 6d Location: City Posted 17/05/06 10:38 AM Posted 17/05/06 10:38 AM Normal for the xr8 to take about 3-4 seconds... Territory is pretty much instant.
Falchoon I see red Member 5,758 Member For: 23y 9m 24d Location: nowhere in particular Posted 17/05/06 11:28 AM Posted 17/05/06 11:28 AM My XR6T is the same with a few second delay in engaging reverse. Never bothered to ask Ford about it as I figured their response would be "it's normal". However, at work we have a couple of BA n/a utes and one is far worse at changing into reverse than my car and the other is lightning fast (or normal, how it should be). My previous car, an EB GLi with 200,000km on the clock was just the same as the "lightning fast" BA work ute. I think it's just the luck of the draw.
INPURSUIT Fastest Taxi In Melbourne Legacy Donating Member 701 Member For: 20y 7m Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 17/05/06 12:17 PM Posted 17/05/06 12:17 PM (edited) recently got rid of a 02 ba falcon xt, everytime id put it into neutral it would have a slight delay of around 2 seconds. also when it was changed into reverse the whole car would jolt and make a clunk noise. as mentioned above its probolay normal Edited 17/05/06 12:17 PM by xr6boy
xxr64t XXR.64T Legacy Donating Member 560 Member For: 21y 4m 9d Gender: Male Location: sydney's east!!! Posted 17/05/06 12:48 PM Author Posted 17/05/06 12:48 PM sweet so its not my box is stuffed cool thanks guys. Now for the guys that have upgrade on there auto, do u still have this problem??
T007 Woooooooosh Legacy Donating Member 734 Member For: 21y 3m 3d Location: Sydney Posted 17/05/06 12:54 PM Posted 17/05/06 12:54 PM Mine does the same I have been told its normal dont throttle up until its in that's what I try to do
chipa_12 Member 182 Member For: 20y 8m 1d Location: Canberra Posted 17/05/06 11:54 PM Posted 17/05/06 11:54 PM My car is at the dealers right now getting other work done, when I went in I mentioned to the guy about the 3-5 second delay and he come out and tested it out and said that he thought it was normal, but they made a note of it and said that they would call 'his guys' to ask about it ... I am not holding my breath though...
Chooka THE Member Legacy Donating Member 1,210 Member For: 21y 3m 5d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 18/05/06 12:08 AM Posted 18/05/06 12:08 AM My house mate's XR8 ute takes about three seconds to go into reverse too Surprise, surprise apparntly it's normal acording to ford!! Chooka
5INFUL MASSIVE MEMBER Member 294 Member For: 21y 3m 27d Gender: Male Location: PERTH Posted 18/05/06 12:12 AM Posted 18/05/06 12:12 AM Mine does that same ford said it normal. pffft
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now