Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 6m 23d
Posted

Hi, Just wondering if any guys out there got aps phase 3 kit fitted had any engine problems blown engine etc.

I've got 71000km on the clock, is it safe for the to upgrade to pase 3 kit.

thanks

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 9m 9d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Perth, WA
Posted

Well I had 78000 k's on the clock, and my car is undergoing a total conversion right now.

Simon from Xtreme Ford Tuning here in Perth is doing the engine for me, and I have had the SSS transmission sent to Kewish Transmissions in Dandenong for strengthening.

Engine will have new Nizpro valve springs, Atomic rods and CP billet pistons, and once this is all back together, I will do the fitting to the car and fitting the Nizpro intake system and injectors, followed by a new tune by Simon.

Comments on my engine have been very positive so far, with no unfavourable findings, so I can't see why you should not be able to do yours :idhitit:

  • ASHA - Anti Stooge Hunter Association
  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 3m 21d
  • Location: Sydney Bronx :)
Posted
Hi, Just wondering if any guys out there got aps phase 3 kit fitted had any engine problems blown engine etc.

I've got 71000km on the clock, is it safe for the  to upgrade to pase 3 kit.

thanks

Phase 3 should get you around 330rwkw, Im running 320rwkw on a phase 2 with a phase 3 cooler. My cars clicked over 53k km's and the engine is still fine.

PS, you can go more with phase 3 (power wise) however you probably wouldnt want to go further on a standard engine.

My opinion anyway.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...