XR68UZ XR68UZ Legacy Donating Member 732 Member For: 20y 8m 24d Location: Sydney Posted 04/05/06 02:47 AM Posted 04/05/06 02:47 AM just finished putting the snorkel in. my god that hole was hard 2 cut. took it for a little drive, noticed the car responds a little better, but it could be a placebo. flutter is really loud now, I like^^.don't have a dyno, will have 2 race my friends s15 to see if there's any difference.was fun putting it in though
Bain Member 827 Member For: 21y 7m 5d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 04/05/06 03:44 AM Posted 04/05/06 03:44 AM just finished putting the snorkel in. my god that hole was hard 2 cut. took it for a little drive, noticed the car responds a little better, but it could be a placebo. flutter is really loud now, I like^^.don't have a dyno, will have 2 race my friends s15 to see if there's any difference.was fun putting it in though←If you gained anything at all it will be 1 or 2kw...
VixenXRT Member 14 Member For: 21y 2m 28d Posted 04/05/06 04:00 AM Posted 04/05/06 04:00 AM I put one on my XRT on the weekend and it seems to be more responsive. The acid test will be in Summer. Like u said the only way to tell is on the Dyno. Next time it goes to KPM for a service I get them to check.How much did u pay for it? - If any SA guys plan to do it, go to Motortraders, it was $20 cheaper than Ford direct.Scotty
jetute Legacy Donating Member 4,553 Member For: 22y 8m 2d Gender: Male Location: brisbane Posted 04/05/06 07:16 AM Posted 04/05/06 07:16 AM just finished putting the snorkel in. my god that hole was hard 2 cut. took it for a little drive, noticed the car responds a little better, but it could be a placebo. flutter is really loud now, I like^^.don't have a dyno, will have 2 race my friends s15 to see if there's any difference.was fun putting it in though←If you gained anything at all it will be 1 or 2kw...←im guessing 5-7kw's
Bain Member 827 Member For: 21y 7m 5d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 04/05/06 08:27 AM Posted 04/05/06 08:27 AM just finished putting the snorkel in. my god that hole was hard 2 cut. took it for a little drive, noticed the car responds a little better, but it could be a placebo. flutter is really loud now, I like^^.don't have a dyno, will have 2 race my friends s15 to see if there's any difference.was fun putting it in though←If you gained anything at all it will be 1 or 2kw...←im guessing 5-7kw's←My car must be flawed or something then, as youd definetely feel 5 - 7kw gain.I felt nothing in mine... apart from the back pocket handing out more cash at the fuel bowser..
jetute Legacy Donating Member 4,553 Member For: 22y 8m 2d Gender: Male Location: brisbane Posted 04/05/06 08:33 AM Posted 04/05/06 08:33 AM just finished putting the snorkel in. my god that hole was hard 2 cut. took it for a little drive, noticed the car responds a little better, but it could be a placebo. flutter is really loud now, I like^^.don't have a dyno, will have 2 race my friends s15 to see if there's any difference.was fun putting it in though←If you gained anything at all it will be 1 or 2kw...←im guessing 5-7kw's←My car must be flawed or something then, as youd definetely feel 5 - 7kw gain.I felt nothing in mine... apart from the back pocket handing out more cash at the fuel bowser..←hehe... I felt a sligt gain for sure.... someone said a while back that they gained 9kw's with the 2nd cai the dealer I spoke to said they have had gains up 10kw's
cobrav8 Member 1,969 Member For: 21y 6m 10d Gender: Male Location: New Zealand Posted 04/05/06 08:43 AM Posted 04/05/06 08:43 AM I wondered the same thing when I did mine. I reckon the throttle reponse is a bit sharper, and the BOV noise is better. Maybe very little power difference - but what the heck - Id still do it again.
XR68UZ XR68UZ Legacy Donating Member 732 Member For: 20y 8m 24d Location: Sydney Posted 04/05/06 09:49 AM Author Posted 04/05/06 09:49 AM cost me 50 bux off ebay. then I got the rubber joiner from bunnings 17 bux.just had a run with a friends car and difference between us has increased. both ba's his got fmic ive got the snorkel. Go the SSS!!! (his was 5spd in case u didn't pick that up)
xr6t ute Member 442 Member For: 22y 5m 16d Gender: Male Location: Gold Coast Posted 04/05/06 11:59 AM Posted 04/05/06 11:59 AM I too have got the xr8 snorkel, I didnt notice a hell of a lot of difference but it cant do any harm. IMO it would be hard to pick a 5-10 kw gain, mainly because there are so many other variables that could influence what you feel. But in saying that it would definetly be the first mod that I would doShane
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now