obi Member 150 Member For: 20y 5m 16d Location: Qld Posted 24/04/06 12:36 PM Posted 24/04/06 12:36 PM Is there a special tool to adjust the light's as I can't seem to be able to turn the adjusting screws in order to do so. They are as tight as all hell & won't budge, so there is obviously a method of doing it. Anyone know the secret, apart from a pair of pliers ?
Paradoxx Colossal Member Member 5,049 Member For: 22y 1m 9d Gender: Male Location: Perth, WA Posted 24/04/06 12:39 PM Posted 24/04/06 12:39 PM They should turn by hand quite easily... are you turning the right thing? Should be a plastic knob on the back
obi Member 150 Member For: 20y 5m 16d Location: Qld Posted 24/04/06 01:17 PM Author Posted 24/04/06 01:17 PM (edited) Yeh ! there are two, one behind each light on a steel shaft with a very small plastic serrated knob that will not turn by hand. Appears that there might be some sort of a larger wheel that would slide on to it to give a larger fulcrum in order to turn it. Edited 24/04/06 01:28 PM by obi
Iconic Bionic My engine bay is Bionic Legacy Donating Member 3,726 Member For: 20y 6m 14d Gender: Male Location: Freeways Posted 24/04/06 11:23 PM Posted 24/04/06 11:23 PM Id like to adjust my headlights too. They wernt set up very well. Cant see anything on low beams.
Adrian6T T.P.I.S. Legacy Donating Member 2,578 Member For: 21y 10m Gender: Male Location: SoR, WA Posted 24/04/06 11:50 PM Posted 24/04/06 11:50 PM I think the BA MK1 came out with the big knobs that you can turn by hand. I have an Aug 04 and I had to have one of my headlights changed under warranty at the end of last year. I went to go adjust them and my original headlight has knobs that I can turn by hand but the new one does not.I guess it just another way for ford to charge people for adjustments.CheersAdrian
obi Member 150 Member For: 20y 5m 16d Location: Qld Posted 25/04/06 01:52 AM Author Posted 25/04/06 01:52 AM Adrian6t, Can you turn the ADJUSTING knob by hand on the new one or is it too hard ?
obi Member 150 Member For: 20y 5m 16d Location: Qld Posted 26/04/06 02:05 AM Author Posted 26/04/06 02:05 AM Finally got onto a Workshop Foreman that apart from not knowing that you needed a device to turn the adjusting screw, was nice enough to go & have a look. ( 2 other Dealer Foreman had no knowledge about it). It was finally worked out that a 7/16 Hex Spanner was needed, as a socket will not fit in the area. The H/L Beam will adjust vertically (anti-clock is up) & the H/Beam only adjusts L to R & I only found this out after buggering my adjustment up. A piece of advice " tie a piece of string to your spanner because if you drop it & it goes down into the tray you will find out how big a b*stard of a job it is to find & get out". Will now have to go out tonight to realigne the H/Beam.
Adrian6T T.P.I.S. Legacy Donating Member 2,578 Member For: 21y 10m Gender: Male Location: SoR, WA Posted 26/04/06 02:14 AM Posted 26/04/06 02:14 AM Finally got onto a Workshop Foreman that apart from not knowing that you needed a device to turn the adjusting screw, was nice enough to go & have a look. ( 2 other Dealer Foreman had no knowledge about it). It was finally worked out that a 7/16 Hex Spanner was needed, as a socket will not fit in the area. The H/L Beam will adjust vertically (anti-clock is up) & the H/Beam only adjusts L to R & I only found this out after buggering my adjustment up. A piece of advice " tie a piece of string to your spanner because if you drop it & it goes down into the tray you will find out how big a b*stard of a job it is to find & get out". Will now have to go out tonight to realigne the H/Beam. ←Sorry for the late reply but as you have already answered it No I cant turn the new one.Good job on your findings. Why couldnt they just keep with the original design?RegardsAdrian
Paradoxx Colossal Member Member 5,049 Member For: 22y 1m 9d Gender: Male Location: Perth, WA Posted 26/04/06 02:20 AM Posted 26/04/06 02:20 AM Motor companies do the most bizarre sh*t sometimes... the BA Mk 1 adjustment is quite easy and practical. It boggles the mind why they change this sort of thing. Must be a manufacturer change or something I had to adjust mine after going over the pitts, the inspector determined by sight that my headlights were pointing too high, and got out this little device on wheels to test the height of the beam. He adjusted them for me using this, but that evening I was having a lot of trouble actually seeing what was in front of me so I put them to where I thought they should be, and havent had any complaints.
obi Member 150 Member For: 20y 5m 16d Location: Qld Posted 26/04/06 08:35 PM Author Posted 26/04/06 08:35 PM Forget about that "string idea ". I went out last night to line up the high beam against a factory wall & in the dark stood on the piece of string which in turn pulled the spanner from my hand resulting in a piece of paint off the mudguard. F#ck Ford & their bl#@dy light adjusting ideas!
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now