Phoon Hoon Member 156 Member For: 21y 5m 24d Posted 16/04/06 09:05 AM Posted 16/04/06 09:05 AM Apprentice? Looks more like the result of a work experience kid in Year 9.
LightningXR6T Member 197 Member For: 21y 3m 3d Location: Newcastle NSW Posted 16/04/06 09:08 AM Posted 16/04/06 09:08 AM I aggree with all suggestions! However may I make 1 further suggestion. When you aproach your local Ford service dept, DEMAND to see the mechanic who actually carried out the sh*tty job, than blast him.I only suggest this because I'm sick of copping a mouthfull from unhappy customers after the mechanics that I work with do similar crappy work.Copping a serve from the service manager afterwards meens nothing to them, a blast from the customer however may just help the next poor sole's car he works on!
Paranormal Member 469 Member For: 23y 1m 10d Location: Brissy Posted 16/04/06 09:33 AM Posted 16/04/06 09:33 AM No way how, I mean how could you not notice? How many groved pullies does it go over?? That aprentice musta sucked tooooo many breaky cones I'd say. :smoke10:On another note my belt and top pulley started squeaking with fine almost powered shavings coming off just before it's 7k service, both replaced under warranty. I'd deffinatle want new ones after that F up.
Dagabond Bored Member Administrator 35,722 Member For: 23y 10m 20d Gender: Male Location: Dé·jà vu Posted 16/04/06 10:15 AM Posted 16/04/06 10:15 AM Make sure you point the service tech to this thread so he knows WE all know as well.
XR06T Legacy Donating Member 4,146 Member For: 21y 3m 11d Gender: Male Posted 16/04/06 10:31 AM Author Posted 16/04/06 10:31 AM thanks for the tips guys..is it normal for them to be busting the fan belt off for a service?there is no way that the car is going back into that workshop for anything EVER!!
baboon Member 141 Member For: 23y 8d Gender: Male Location: Geelong, VIC, Australia Posted 16/04/06 12:02 PM Posted 16/04/06 12:02 PM MY GOD!!! I cannot believe this. I think you should go into the dealer on Tuesday and demand you talk to the manager. Dont go via the sales staff or the dude at the front desk as they have no power. When you talk to the manager explain your situation and Im sure you can fill it with your feelings of disgust and dissapointment. From there I think you could probably ask for replacement of the pulley, belt, tensioner and an engine bay cleanup. If it all worked out you could probably get a few extras from him for the inconvenience caused over the easter holidays. What a joke.
xr6 Member 96 Member For: 21y 9m 6d Posted 16/04/06 12:43 PM Posted 16/04/06 12:43 PM Absolutely stunning - great photos! But how did it get there - did they have to remove the belt for some reason?
Envi_XR8 Member 142 Member For: 20y 9m 28d Location: Port Kennedy WA Posted 16/04/06 02:22 PM Posted 16/04/06 02:22 PM Let me guess you took it to Challenger Ford
Cashie Legacy Donating Member 663 Member For: 23y 8m 7d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 16/04/06 02:35 PM Posted 16/04/06 02:35 PM Was it Challenger Ford?
Guest xr6t300 Guests Posted 17/04/06 12:52 AM Posted 17/04/06 12:52 AM If it was an apprentice I bet he was unsupervised!! and maybe a 1st year. Being a mechanic myself all apprentices must be supervised until their last year so I would be talking to the floor supervisor and see what he has to say about it don't rip into the apprentice as he may not even know what he has done as he was left unsupervised but I'm sure he won't do it again.It shouldn't be an issue to have the belt replaced as it is stuffed and if it has worn anything else out have it replaced under warranty. Try not to go off at them even though they deserve just talk to them normally and you should have all items replaced and remember there is a huge shortage of mechanics out there and alot of them are rushed through there training and therefore quality work on our cars will suffer as it is now. Best thing we can do is check our cars before they leave the workshop for our own piece of mind not good I know but until the shortage of good mechanics is rectified this will continue to happen as most of us have had crappy services done on our cars over the years.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now