fill Member 127 Member For: 21y 1m 12d Location: Sydney Posted 13/03/06 09:58 AM Posted 13/03/06 09:58 AM Started the car up today and the airbag light in the dash flashed a few times and then stayed on for the rest of the day.Anyone have any ideas before I have to bring it in to Ford. The car is still under warranty but they haven't seen the mods yet so a bit hesitant to bring it in unless I really have to.
tab Sucker Moderating Team 32,303 Member For: 22y 5m 4d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 13/03/06 10:20 AM Posted 13/03/06 10:20 AM Get it to the dealer buddy. It could be something simple like a loose wire but it's one thing you don't want to f*ck around with.
GlennAUII Former XT pilot Legacy Donating Member 4,791 Member For: 23y 2m 6d Gender: Male Location: The Womb Posted 13/03/06 10:28 AM Posted 13/03/06 10:28 AM Probably a dodgy sensor somewhere.. just take it back and they'll fix it.They won't care about engine mods for something like this.
mrturboman Member 29 Member For: 22y 1m 1d Posted 13/03/06 10:29 AM Posted 13/03/06 10:29 AM Started the car up today and the airbag light in the dash flashed a few times and then stayed on for the rest of the day.Anyone have any ideas before I have to bring it in to Ford. The car is still under warranty but they haven't seen the mods yet so a bit hesitant to bring it in unless I really have to.<{POST_SNAPBACK}>hey , when u start the car , count how many flashes comes on, like example if is code 23 , flashes twice and goes out for 1-2 sec and flashes 3 times. do that and let me know
fill Member 127 Member For: 21y 1m 12d Location: Sydney Posted 13/03/06 11:49 PM Author Posted 13/03/06 11:49 PM flashes once, goes out for 1-2 seconds, then flashes 9 times. Repeats this about 5 times and then the light stays on.
XRBloke Legacy Donating Member 1,219 Member For: 23y 3m 3d Posted 14/03/06 12:12 AM Posted 14/03/06 12:12 AM Does it have side airbags? Theres issues with side airbags, specially in the earlier build cars.
fill Member 127 Member For: 21y 1m 12d Location: Sydney Posted 19/03/06 09:16 AM Author Posted 19/03/06 09:16 AM No side airbags... Anyone have any ideas? Maybe I damaged something when I put on the momo wheel? I did that about three months ago and the light has not come on until now.
PozzE Member 133 Member For: 20y 9m 27d Posted 19/03/06 09:40 AM Posted 19/03/06 09:40 AM flashes once, goes out for 1-2 seconds, then flashes 9 times. Repeats this about 5 times and then the light stays on.No side airbags... Anyone have any ideas? Maybe I damaged something when I put on the momo wheel? I did that about three months ago and the light has not come on until now.<{POST_SNAPBACK}>That sounds very much like a loose plug...ERROR CODE 19: Restraint System - Airbag Status (Driver Front Airbag Circuit Fault)After you had the wheel off you may have not plugged the connector back in properly. Did the exact same thing when I took the steering wheel off my girlfriends Astra
Cashie Legacy Donating Member 663 Member For: 23y 8m 3d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 19/03/06 09:58 AM Posted 19/03/06 09:58 AM Fault code 19 is for a fault with the drivers airbag circuit, get it checked asap at Ford.
Cashie Legacy Donating Member 663 Member For: 23y 8m 3d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 19/03/06 09:59 AM Posted 19/03/06 09:59 AM beaten to the punch by PozzE...
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now