Airbag Light On..

fill

• Member For: 18y 7m 11d

Started the car up today and the airbag light in the dash flashed a few times and then stayed on for the rest of the day.

Anyone have any ideas before I have to bring it in to Ford. The car is still under warranty but they haven't seen the mods yet so a bit hesitant to bring it in unless I really have to.

• Sucker
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 19y 11m 4d

Get it to the dealer buddy. It could be something simple like a loose wire but it's one thing you don't want to f*ck around with.

• Member For: 19y 7m
Started the car up today and the airbag light in the dash flashed a few times and then stayed on for the rest of the day.

Anyone have any ideas before I have to bring it in to Ford.  The car is still under warranty but they haven't seen the mods yet so a bit hesitant to bring it in unless I really have to.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

hey , when u start the car , count how many flashes comes on, like example if is code 23 , flashes twice and goes out for 1-2 sec and flashes 3 times. do that and let me know

• Member For: 18y 7m 11d

No side airbags... Anyone have any ideas? Maybe I damaged something when I put on the momo wheel? I did that about three months ago and the light has not come on until now.

• Member For: 18y 3m 26d
flashes once, goes out for 1-2 seconds, then flashes 9 times. Repeats this about 5 times and then the light stays on.

No side airbags...  Anyone have any ideas?  Maybe I damaged something when I put on  the momo wheel?  I did that about three months ago and the light has not come on until now.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That sounds very much like a loose plug...

ERROR CODE 19: Restraint System - Airbag Status (Driver Front Airbag Circuit Fault)

After you had the wheel off you may have not plugged the connector back in properly. Did the exact same thing when I took the steering wheel off my girlfriends Astra