Adrian6T T.P.I.S. Legacy Donating Member 2,578 Member For: 21y 10m 7d Gender: Male Location: SoR, WA Posted 08/03/06 10:20 AM Author Posted 08/03/06 10:20 AM Good stuff Adrian.Excellent to see another happy BPT customer.What did you think of the facility at Black Mac's? Fantastic, isn't it Its a very nice workshop Jas. Still got that new car smell.
Adrian6T T.P.I.S. Legacy Donating Member 2,578 Member For: 21y 10m 7d Gender: Male Location: SoR, WA Posted 08/03/06 10:21 AM Author Posted 08/03/06 10:21 AM Nice work Adrian.Is your clutch slipping?I thought is was going to since mine has had a work out but no. She likes to spin in 1st and very long chirp into 2nd.
Adrian6T T.P.I.S. Legacy Donating Member 2,578 Member For: 21y 10m 7d Gender: Male Location: SoR, WA Posted 08/03/06 10:23 AM Author Posted 08/03/06 10:23 AM Well I finally did it. Today a had a custom tune done by Barry from BPT Performance Tuning at Black Mac Performance centre and what can I say, what a awesome tuner.It was a hot and humid day in perth and I am still so pleased with the results.Stock pulled up at 198rwkw and I thought that was pretty average then I put my cappa flash 10psi generic and what a disappointment. 186rwkw. We looked into it and found out that is was one of the very old tunes so we flashed in a new one, Barry played with it, put in a new thermostat and hey presto 252rwkw. Not only that but the car runs cooler and so much smoother then before.The only down side is that my tires are wearing quite quickly. I am so wrapped. Thanks to Barry for your magic and Jarrod for all your help.Ill be going back for sure.Good stuff mate,Glad to hear for Ford owners a Muscling their cars up Good luck Holdens You said it. Look out HSV.
F6_Tornado F6+300+ Member 940 Member For: 21y 11m 2d Location: In The Ute Posted 08/03/06 10:26 AM Posted 08/03/06 10:26 AM Good onya Adrian Yes Barry does a nice smooth road tune, I’m sure you will be after more power once you get used to the extra 50rwkws you have now Enjoy
Adrian6T T.P.I.S. Legacy Donating Member 2,578 Member For: 21y 10m 7d Gender: Male Location: SoR, WA Posted 08/03/06 10:36 AM Author Posted 08/03/06 10:36 AM Good onya Adrian Yes Barry does a nice smooth road tune, I’m sure you will be after more power once you get used to the extra 50rwkws you have now Enjoy I was thinking about it there and then about slapping in some injectors but.....my poor gearbox will not like it very much, let alone my clutch $$$$.I'll upgrade before that.Thanks everyone.
RAPHOON Legacy Donating Member 1,776 Member For: 23y 3m 13d Posted 08/03/06 11:33 AM Posted 08/03/06 11:33 AM Well I finally did it. Today a had a custom tune done by Barry from BPT Performance Tuning at Black Mac Performance centre and what can I say, what a awesome tuner.It was a hot and humid day in perth and I am still so pleased with the results.Stock pulled up at 198rwkw and I thought that was pretty average then I put my cappa flash 10psi generic and what a disappointment. 186rwkw. We looked into it and found out that is was one of the very old tunes so we flashed in a new one, Barry played with it, put in a new thermostat and hey presto 252rwkw. Not only that but the car runs cooler and so much smoother then before.The only down side is that my tires are wearing quite quickly. I am so wrapped. Thanks to Barry for your magic and Jarrod for all your help.Ill be going back for sure.Did u upgrade your injectors?? If not I suggest u do so cause I thought anything over 250rwkw isnt safe for stockys.Let's not start this argument again.Well done on getting a great tune. If the AFR's are good, which it should be, then you will be fine.Enjoy the new found power.
F6 UTE - Track Bound EVO III - Member 3,367 Member For: 21y 9m 25d Gender: Male Location: Strapped in and holding on Posted 08/03/06 11:41 AM Posted 08/03/06 11:41 AM I know how Barry tunes, and the AFR's will be FAT. Nice and safe..As for your gearbox, stay with the power you have. 5sp is happy where your at, forget much more grunt.
Adrian6T T.P.I.S. Legacy Donating Member 2,578 Member For: 21y 10m 7d Gender: Male Location: SoR, WA Posted 08/03/06 11:52 AM Author Posted 08/03/06 11:52 AM I know how Barry tunes, and the AFR's will be FAT. Nice and safe..As for your gearbox, stay with the power you have. 5sp is happy where your at, forget much more grunt.I agree 100%
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now