Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Member
  • Member For: 21y 8m 9d
  • Location: Southern Highlands
Posted

Thinking of buying a Road Angel, has anybody purchased one and if the have are the happy with it.

Brief description.

Gps navigator with 540,000 points of interest across Australia and a 97% coverage of the population.

Road Sense:

School zones,

Accident black spots,

Red light cameras,

Speed cameras, (fixed)

Mobile speed cameras, (daily updates from WA, SA, NT, and ACT) positions and times.

Speed limit alerts.

For more info

Road Angel

Thank you

Gary

  • No boost, no bottle, just my foot on the throttle!
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 22y 7m 25d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Sydney
Posted

Save your money and get a SatNav with all the speed cameras loaded in. IT will let you navigate, while also warning you of fixed cameras and other potential traps.

I have a Gamin Streetpilot C320 and it does the whole of Oz and is very useful.

  • Just because it is, doesn't mean it should be.....
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 22y 27d
  • Gender: Female
  • Location: Noosa QLD
Posted

or cheaper still a referdex :laughing:

shazzy

  • ....Time to lay this fairytale aside......
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 6m 29d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: In the Ferry on the River Styx, not getting out just yet!
Posted

Even cheaper still.....a house brick under the throttle...... :spoton::spoton:

  • Xtreme Xalted Member
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 5m 3d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: BrisVegas
Posted

All the sensible answers have been given.

So I got nuthin....

  • THE Member
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 21y 3m 4d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne
Posted

Or cheaper still, take your plates off and don't worry about anything! :stirthepot:

Chooka

  • Member
  • Member For: 21y 3m 27d
Posted

A sensible alternative to Road Angel is the Uniden301 GPS>

It does pretty well the same things - and cost much less - and the updates are FREE! ($200 for Road Angel).

The Uniden RRP is about $290. (I'm not an agent for them!)

Another owners comments:

Overall: "This is my 2nd GPS and I can say it is the best, I had a road angel before this($999 rrp) and this is so better than it, the road angel wasnt very quiet, had to be mounted at the bottom of the window so theives could see it, once the initial subscription expired I had to pay another $200 just to get another years subascription for updates, was such a rip off.The uniden does everything I wanted and is nice to the eye. WELL DONE and I hope the updates continue for years to come."

Uniden301.doc

  • Are we there yet?
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 8d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Sydney, NSW
Posted

Uniden also have one that includes a 5W UHF radio as well. Model is GPS105.

Check out Uniden GPS105

Cheers,

Aaron

  • Member
  • Member For: 21y 8m 9d
  • Location: Southern Highlands
Posted
Uniden also have one that includes a 5W UHF radio as well.  Model is GPS105.

Check out Uniden GPS105

Cheers,

Aaron

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks Aaron

I will look at the Uniden 105, I can get it for $378.00 delivered from Prestige Communications.

Road Angel doesn't look that good a value.

Reards

Gary

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...