xlr8ed Phantom lives Member 1,417 Member For: 22y 5m 18d Gender: Male Location: who knows Posted 01/03/06 08:37 AM Posted 01/03/06 08:37 AM hey BLONK when are you bringing that glorified xr6t if to grow some real power...LOLjeff
Lumpen Poison Fish. Poison Fish. TASTY FISH!!! Legacy Donating Member 5,181 Member For: 23y 6m 25d Gender: Male Location: The Bogan Shire Posted 01/03/06 08:37 AM Posted 01/03/06 08:37 AM How can it be the oil pressure sensor if and I quote Its located just in front of the oil temperature sensor.Oil Temp vs Oil Pressure?One for the dash and one for the ECU/BCM?Lumpy
jasper361 Member 407 Member For: 21y 8m 24d Location: Brissy Norf siide Posted 01/03/06 08:46 AM Posted 01/03/06 08:46 AM Hmm I see, looks like a flux capacitor to me, if you cant get 1.21 Gigawatts required to active the Flux Capacitor I wouldn't drive it<{POST_SNAPBACK}>Anyone who knows these engines would surely realise it is the flange knobulator !Geeez.
FORDTECH Member 383 Member For: 23y 4m 10d Location: On the edge Posted 01/03/06 08:52 AM Posted 01/03/06 08:52 AM How can it be the oil pressure sensor if and I quote Its located just in front of the oil temperature sensor.<{POST_SNAPBACK}>Oil Temp vs Oil Pressure?One for the dash and one for the ECU/BCM?Lumpy <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Lumpy's right.The only hassle you may have if it's the oil temp sensor is that the PCM relies on knowing what the oil temp is to operate the phasers for your variable cam timing.Worse thing you can expect is the phasers will remain locked at thier base position and you'll be down on power(no camshaft advance).Of course if it the oil pressure switch then if you leave it unplugged the oil light will stay on.Hope this helpsFORDTECH
Goobz Member 746 Member For: 21y 11m 28d Location: Sutherland Shire, Sydney Posted 01/03/06 09:03 AM Author Posted 01/03/06 09:03 AM Thanks for the quick replies guys.I to thought it was the bulbous flanotrator, but then realised my mistake!I am in the process of talking my dad into riding his motorbike to work tomorrow so I can pinch his car, but I may still have to drive mine.I'm trying to avoid it though, because when I get home from work, I won't be able to get near the engine bay for a couple of hours till it cools down...that's assuming my dealer actually has one!Fingers crossed...
Blonk Iconoclast Legacy Donating Member 4,330 Member For: 22y 13d Gender: Male Location: CH Posted 01/03/06 09:08 AM Posted 01/03/06 09:08 AM One for the dash and one for the ECU/BCM?Lumpy So what your saying is it has 2 sensors???? what is this the deluxe model or something????
Blonk Iconoclast Legacy Donating Member 4,330 Member For: 22y 13d Gender: Male Location: CH Posted 01/03/06 09:13 AM Posted 01/03/06 09:13 AM Lumpy's right, the phasersPhasers huh????that's it, them turnbuckle retro phasersamebobs...
God666 Complete Bastard Legacy Donating Member 1,123 Member For: 22y 10m 6d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 02/03/06 06:48 AM Posted 02/03/06 06:48 AM Thanks for the quick replies guys.I'm trying to avoid it though, because when I get home from work, I won't be able to get near the engine bay for a couple of hours till it cools down...that's assuming my dealer actually has one!Why would you want to replace the engine bay, I thought you only broke a small bit in it?Do dealers stock engine bays?.... and how the hell do you unbolt the engine bay.....Nothing useful to add here....
Blonk Iconoclast Legacy Donating Member 4,330 Member For: 22y 13d Gender: Male Location: CH Posted 02/03/06 06:56 AM Posted 02/03/06 06:56 AM Did you get it sorted???
drcook Member 752 Member For: 22y 1m 21d Location: leonay Posted 02/03/06 11:00 PM Posted 02/03/06 11:00 PM Thanks for the quick replies guys.I'm trying to avoid it though, because when I get home from work, I won't be able to get near the engine bay for a couple of hours till it cools down...that's assuming my dealer actually has one!<{POST_SNAPBACK}>Why would you want to replace the engine bay, I thought you only broke a small bit in it?Do dealers stock engine bays?.... and how the hell do you unbolt the engine bay.....Nothing useful to add here....<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now