Calder Park Friday 24 Feb

Goldbullet

• Member For: 18y 6m 23d

I did not even half a run and got one pic, not a bad effort.

Pitty it wasnt a smokey as burnout, although its prolly good, I need some tread.

Im uploading my pics as I type, they'll be online tomoz night.

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Member of team Kittens
  • Member For: 20y 2m 4d

It all becomes clearer,

so the poor mph from me and my car has now been explained. The turbo waste gate actuator was not holding boost. Car went to Nizpro this morning and got juiced up - only holding about 8psi of boost... and consequently well well down on power (under 250rwkw first thing this morning with cold temps)

So ditching the stock unit and in goes a new upgraded unit along with some machining of the housing etc. to do this properly. Once this is all done should be back to the normal 14/15psi and more power, and back to the track for me to try and improve my mph and time...

cheers, :blink:

Ben.

• Next stage, to the Pub in 10 seconds
  • Member For: 19y 8m 14d
It all becomes clearer,

so the poor mph from me and my car has now been explained.  The turbo waste gate actuator was not holding boost.  Car went to Nizpro this morning and got juiced up - only holding about 8psi of boost... and consequently well well down on power (under 250rwkw first thing this morning with cold temps)

So ditching the stock unit and in goes a new upgraded unit along with some machining of the housing etc. to do this properly.  Once this is all done should be back to the normal 14/15psi and more power, and back to the track for me to try and improve my mph and time...

cheers,  :spoton:

Ben.

Im still running the standard actuator and yeah my boost is droping off. What did you pay for the actuator Ben? After seeing my car on 18 psi from the Nizpro Dyno Day that's not a good thing with stock engine! Time for a retune. :spoton:

Rob...

• Member of team Kittens
Im still running the standard actuator and yeah my boost is droping off. What did you pay for the actuator Ben? After seeing my car on 18 psi from the Nizpro Dyno Day that's not a good thing with stock engine! Time for a retune.  :tease:

Rob...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The actuator itself is not so expensive (Still waiting on the exact price), but the job itself is reasonably labour intensive as I am getting the turbo housing modified to suit a larger waste gate, so turbo off and stripped, then machining costs. Want to do this properly now "in case" I opt to rebuild the motor and increase boost at some future time.

Will PM you when I get a final price.

Ben.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 21y 2m 21d
It all becomes clearer,

so the poor mph from me and my car has now been explained.  The turbo waste gate actuator was not holding boost.  Car went to Nizpro this morning and got juiced up - only holding about 8psi of boost... and consequently well well down on power (under 250rwkw first thing this morning with cold temps)

So ditching the stock unit and in goes a new upgraded unit along with some machining of the housing etc. to do this properly.  Once this is all done should be back to the normal 14/15psi and more power, and back to the track for me to try and improve my mph and time...

cheers,  :stirthepot:

Ben.

I have a cheap way for you to improve your time Ben!

Take all of the CRAP out of your boot :busted1:

• Member of team Kittens

Take all of the CRAP out of your boot :pooh:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

See...

that's what I love about this forum...

The people are just so F$%&'n helpful!!! :sleepystuff:

• Member For: 18y 6m 23d

Might see your car down there on Wednesday then Ben, mines going in for minor surgery, injectors, valve springs and a retune, dunno what im hoping for, but anything better than what it is now would be great.

And I second the removal of crap from the boot. I cant believe you left it there. Crazy.....

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 21y 2m 21d

Take all of the CRAP out of your boot :laughing:

See...

that's what I love about this forum...

The people are just so F$%&'n helpful!!! :laughing:

Just here to help mate :spoton:

Deak's hopefully you should be up around the 270-290 mark. You'll love it.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Here since the start...
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 21y 1d

I believe the sticker on the back said "real men aren't afraid to wear pink." :msm:

post-971-1143290864_thumb.jpg

Yes this is an attempt to use Photoshop...

What can I say I'm still learning. :msm: