MacVibe Member 8 Member For: 21y 9m 26d Posted 03/02/06 11:08 AM Posted 03/02/06 11:08 AM Hey guys, I know there are heaps of threads on mods and performance gains, however if I was to get a full exhaust, new intercooler and air filter (either BMC or K&N) on a stock auto XR6T, could I expect gains of 15%?Thanks
Flukey Seriously Flukey Member Legacy Donating Member 4,354 Member For: 22y 6m 8d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 03/02/06 11:12 AM Posted 03/02/06 11:12 AM Hey guys, I know there are heaps of threads on mods and performance gains, however if I was to get a full exhaust, new intercooler and air filter (either BMC or K&N) on a stock auto XR6T, could I expect gains of 15%?ThanksEasier than that. Go and spend $1500 on a custom tuned Edit and you'll gain 25%.Cooler and exhaust can come later.In fact, if you dont do Edit first, all you will get is overboost and your car will run like
Macy New Member 20 Member For: 17y 26d Gender: Male Posted 11/09/09 07:01 AM Posted 11/09/09 07:01 AM Hey guys, I know there are heaps of threads on mods and performance gains, however if I was to get a full exhaust, new intercooler and air filter (either BMC or K&N) on a stock auto XR6T, could I expect gains of 15%?Thanksyeh mate go for it, these mods are good stepping stones. 15% I dont know but 15 kw yes.
jacob_xr6turbo Legacy Donating Member 433 Member For: 19y 18d Location: Richmond, Melbourne Posted 11/09/09 08:32 AM Posted 11/09/09 08:32 AM save your pennies, buy the following parts first:- injectors- flash tuner- intercooler- valve springs- fuel pumpthen get a custom tune with all these parts fitted at the same time. you'll be able to run 12psi and push out around 260 - 300rwkw depending on if your car's an auto/manual etc.then save for a proper full exhaust system, turbo modification (wastegate/actuator), surge tank and a re-tune. Then you'll be looking at 300-350rwkw.don't do it any other way.
our06t Mmmmm......BOOST Member 3,135 Member For: 19y 5m 1d Gender: Male Location: central coast Posted 11/09/09 09:25 AM Posted 11/09/09 09:25 AM yep injectors, stge 1 intercooler, and after market cat and maybe fuel pump , = near 50% GAIN
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now