eatV8 Artificially Aspirated Member 951 Member For: 22y 8m 26d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 06/01/06 12:12 AM Posted 06/01/06 12:12 AM Nearly everyone I know who has bought one is complaining about it. There is so many bugs and problems with it. Microsoft tried to rush it onto market too quick. PS3 is going to kill it...xbox 360 = no HD etcPS3 = HD, blue ray etc etc.
PLAYRZ Legacy Donating Member 333 Member For: 21y 7m 29d Gender: Male Location: VIC Posted 06/01/06 01:36 AM Posted 06/01/06 01:36 AM I pre-ordered mine from EB Games a few weeks ago. Also purchased the VIP Pack so now I have a game, controller & faceplate with no console to use them with! Looks like I'll have to wait till March 2nd to enjoy it.
MRDOHC When in doubt ... Accelerate! Member 440 Member For: 23y 28d Location: Melbourne, Hoppers Xing Posted 06/01/06 01:42 AM Posted 06/01/06 01:42 AM Nearly everyone I know who has bought one is complaining about it. There is so many bugs and problems with it. Microsoft tried to rush it onto market too quick. PS3 is going to kill it...xbox 360 = no HD etcPS3 = HD, blue ray etc etc.<{POST_SNAPBACK}>With the amount of stuffed Ps2s ive sent off last week after christmas faulties I dont trust Sony's Japanese but build in China philosophy ... they play the japanese reliability card too much and everything is built elsewhere and I m sick of seeing dead PSPs and PS2s that they stiff customers on warranty for... After 30days we cant do anything we HAVE to refer them to Sony as they are the only ones that can determine if its FAULTY. SO much crap that you cant take it to anyone else cause they are the only ones that make emIll wait and see .. blue ray aint faultless either. There is far too much mentality of makers sending em out and letting the public cop the problems so they can fix em later. If anyone has it ordered at Eb when you pick it up get the ESA warranty dont know how much they will charge for it but for 2 years ANYTHING f*cks up with it take it back and get it replaced with a new on ESPECIALLY if they bring out a fixed version, just say its stuffed and they will replace it
Mr Venom Member 48 Member For: 21y 1m 7d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 06/01/06 02:22 AM Posted 06/01/06 02:22 AM I love my Xbox but I'm going to wait to see the PS3
XRT8U Member 503 Member For: 22y 2m 7d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 06/01/06 03:15 AM Posted 06/01/06 03:15 AM Hey venom, u luv it how u borrow games and store them on your hard drive! I heard the PS3 is twice as powerful as the new xbox360! Just a rumor!
GEoMaNTiK Member 179 Member For: 20y 11m 13d Location: Melb (Mexican) Posted 06/01/06 03:36 AM Posted 06/01/06 03:36 AM Hey venom, u luv it how u borrow games and store them on your hard drive! I heard the PS3 is twice as powerful as the new xbox360! Just a rumor!On paper the PS3 looks like the technology to go for, but in real world terms it's neck and neck between the 360 & PS3. The only big difference I see is the drive situation, either go Blueray or not, most of the big companies have backed it but that isn't to say they won't go HD-DVD. Time will tell, it's safe to say that both machines will have killer graphics & sound and the games will be awesome, both will have enough grunt to drive whatever they throw at em.Sony need the PS3 to be a success, this is a fork in the road for them... Microsoft need Japan to get onboard, otherwise they miss out on a big chunk of business, which looks like the case from early figures.Whatever happens, I can see a huge battle looming, this is watch how a huge corporation (Microsoft) slowly consumes the business of another huge corporation (Sony). This is game on and it's all good news for us the consumer!
XRT8U Member 503 Member For: 22y 2m 7d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 06/01/06 03:42 AM Posted 06/01/06 03:42 AM I think I'll wait till both come out! Wait 3 months compare games and graphics and then I'll make my big decision! Cant wait!
MRDOHC When in doubt ... Accelerate! Member 440 Member For: 23y 28d Location: Melbourne, Hoppers Xing Posted 06/01/06 04:40 AM Posted 06/01/06 04:40 AM Sony need the PS3 to be a success, this is a fork in the road for them... Microsoft need Japan to get onboard, otherwise they miss out on a big chunk of business, which looks like the case from early figures.<{POST_SNAPBACK}>I dont think the Japan on board thing will ever happen they're Sony nuts. Microsoft wont cry too much if it doesnt happen, 360 is sold out US and Europe which means what the estimated were sold and people are still waiting.I think Microsoft has gone the right way here integration with PC is the way to go, we have a couple of 360 controllers in store now and they are USB plug into win XP, plus with the new XB live thing its the way it will go.that's what Sony are REALLY lacking on online content people want it and they better do it right this time cause at the moment it sucks ....
Mr Venom Member 48 Member For: 21y 1m 7d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 06/01/06 04:59 AM Posted 06/01/06 04:59 AM Hey DRKXR6 the only problem with the PS3 don't think WE would be able to borrow games and put it on the hard drive...guess we will have to wait and see.
GEoMaNTiK Member 179 Member For: 20y 11m 13d Location: Melb (Mexican) Posted 06/01/06 05:14 AM Posted 06/01/06 05:14 AM (edited) Lets wait and see if they can crack the systems first, never been an issue in the past unless the console was cartridge based - that seems to be the effective way in stopping any copying. Though not practical these days with storage requirements.Once the chips start appearing, then it's a different story, love how the Xbox can have multiple games at the ready without needing to insert discs. I would want this with the new system for sure. Edited 06/01/06 05:16 AM by GEoMaNTiK
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now