JoeG Member 92 Member For: 22y 5m 25d Gender: Male Location: Adelaide Posted 05/01/06 04:56 AM Posted 05/01/06 04:56 AM Hi guys,not sure if this has been mentioned before (couldn't find via quick search), but there are some really good videos here for download:http://www.drive.com.au/DriveTV/Archive.aspxEnjoy...
hafadude Legacy Donating Member 245 Member For: 21y 4m 25d Gender: Male Location: Cairns Qld Posted 05/01/06 02:52 PM Posted 05/01/06 02:52 PM Interesting that the Expensive Daewoo 6.0L Maloo Ute was slower than the trusty XR6 on the Hot Lap And the XR6 was even punted around a greasy track. Says something, that's for sure!
doublek Member 333 Member For: 22y 3m 8d Location: sydney Posted 05/01/06 11:01 PM Posted 05/01/06 11:01 PM they are great. thanx for that link and go the xr6t.
lightning_strike Member 78 Member For: 21y 1m 20d Posted 05/01/06 11:20 PM Posted 05/01/06 11:20 PM Interesting that the Expensive Daewoo 6.0L Maloo Ute was slower than the trusty XR6 on the Hot Lap And the XR6 was even punted around a greasy track. Says something, that's for sure!<{POST_SNAPBACK}>Was wondering about that video too, whether he was 'drifting' for speed or for show. Because I think they could've shaved a few seconds off of that.Production wise this show has a long was to go. The liberty vs mazda 6 vid was just plain boring.
velociTy Team Velocity Member 1,202 Member For: 22y 9d Gender: Male Location: Margs WA Posted 05/01/06 11:35 PM Posted 05/01/06 11:35 PM they are great. thanx for that link and go the xr6t.<{POST_SNAPBACK}> Thanks
GEoMaNTiK Member 179 Member For: 20y 11m 14d Location: Melb (Mexican) Posted 05/01/06 11:40 PM Posted 05/01/06 11:40 PM Was wondering about that video too, whether he was 'drifting' for speed or for show. Because I think they could've shaved a few seconds off of that.The video they showed is not the timed lap, the one which the T got the time for was done later in the day when the track had dried out and I'm sure he didn't take it off the track like as much as the one shown.Good to see the T beating the Maloo ute's time and not far off the M5 or STi, which you would expect to kick arse.
cooltint Member 686 Member For: 23y 5m 18d Gender: Male Location: Gold Coast QLD Posted 06/01/06 03:49 AM Posted 06/01/06 03:49 AM I was impressed by how much freedom the DSC gave before it cut in or is it like traction control and able to be switched off. Does anybody know?Big AL
lightning_strike Member 78 Member For: 21y 1m 20d Posted 06/01/06 03:58 AM Posted 06/01/06 03:58 AM I was impressed by how much freedom the DSC gave before it cut in or is it like traction control and able to be switched off. Does anybody know?Big AL<{POST_SNAPBACK}>It's probably like the traction control. The night I picked up my xr6t brand spankers from the dealer, I had it completely sideways around a roundabout in Sandringham before the little orange light came on! Now I just switch the stupid crap off
Mick Molloy Member 85 Member For: 20y 9m 3d Location: Brisbane QLD Posted 17/01/06 03:52 AM Posted 17/01/06 03:52 AM Was wondering about that video too, whether he was 'drifting' for speed or for show. Because I think they could've shaved a few seconds off of that.The video they showed is not the timed lap, the one which the T got the time for was done later in the day when the track had dried out and I'm sure he didn't take it off the track like as much as the one shown.Good to see the T beating the Maloo ute's time and not far off the M5 or STi, which you would expect to kick arse.<{POST_SNAPBACK}>I disagree the vid of "The Chip" (nice rip off of "The Stig"Top Gear from BBC 2 and SBS) would be the timed lap they had the clock running up the top...
Dagabond Bored Member Administrator 35,722 Member For: 23y 10m 24d Gender: Male Location: Dé·jà vu Posted 17/01/06 03:55 AM Posted 17/01/06 03:55 AM Was wondering about that video too, whether he was 'drifting' for speed or for show. Because I think they could've shaved a few seconds off of that.The video they showed is not the timed lap, the one which the T got the time for was done later in the day when the track had dried out and I'm sure he didn't take it off the track like as much as the one shown.Good to see the T beating the Maloo ute's time and not far off the M5 or STi, which you would expect to kick arse.<{POST_SNAPBACK}>I disagree the vid of "The Chip" (nice rip off of "The Stig"Top Gear from BBC 2 and SBS) would be the timed lap they had the clock running up the top...<{POST_SNAPBACK}>They say at the start it's not the timed lap....
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now